Turn on thread page Beta

Can someone mark my work? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello! So I just need someone to mark my work and tell me how I can improve it so I can get full marks.

The exam board is OCR.

Explain why the work of John Snow was important. (7 marks).

In1854, there was a cholera epidemic, which killed approximately 12,000 people. John Snow proved the link between dirty water and cholera by doing an investigation. In 1855, he discovered that cholera was a waterborne disease.

John Snow's work was important, as people in later years may not have been able to work out what causes cholera, even though many people had disagreed with him.The water pump that he had initially took out during his investigation was replaced, because many people didn't believe that John Snow was correct.

ReputationRep:
    I will give it a I don't do biology out of 7 sorry mate

ReputationRep:
    They didnt put it back on did they? The broad street pump is still there without a handle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    They didnt put it back on did they? The broad street pump is still there without a handle

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was replaced. That's what my teacher told me. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maariyah826)
    It was replaced. That's what my teacher told me. :/
    Oh cos if you go to London u can see that its still there without a pump. John Snow proved that dirty water had something to do with Cholera because of him mapping out the deaths of people dying and most were dying near the pump. However, he found an anomaly and saw that 1 person died who was no way near any pumps and found out that a man was sending his mother water from the broad street pump which killed her, so they took the handle off and never put it back on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 9, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.