Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Could someone PM me too? I need help with the CWK. I've done a fair amount for my Python but I'm behind on App inventor. Probably need help with python as well.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Undec)
    I completed all of the 3 tasks. But I spent extra time taking each piece of code and annotating it and saying what it does and how it works. Also in the improvement/evaluation part I wrote in a lot of detail how I did the task what I had problems in (described why they occurred) and how i resolved them. I also did a lot of testing of the programs.
    I just started A452 last week, I don't understand how I should be setting it all out and how much detail to add in order to get a high grade. I'm not bad at computing, it's just that we don't have the best teacher,and we haven't done much preparation for coursework in class, I really want to get a good grade. I would appreciate it if you could help me on how to structure my work and the basics of the coursework. I really need help.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please explain the 3 tasks to me and describe them as I am really struggling?
    feel free to pm me

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    can you help wme ith the arithmetic quiz??

ReputationRep:
    can anyone explain the 3 tasks as I am really struggling on what they are asking
    thaniks

ReputationRep:
    I've done Task 1 and Task 2. Only Task 3 left which I need help on. If someone can give any pointers as to how I'd go about doing the code then the help would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    what task are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 15anonymous15)
    what task are you doing?
    I've now finished my A453 coursework. I did the speeding cars one.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am on task 3 of my CA for ocr, its about mobile phone troubleshooting but im stuck on task 3- you have to ask the user what type of device they're using and then ask them a couple of questions like how much memory usage etc... After you ask them what their problem is and give them a solution but if you cant find one you store the case file. Any help??

ReputationRep:
    Hey i need help on my controlled assesment for ocr, task 3, for mobile phone troubleshooting, we have to ask the user what device they're using and give a list of questions stored in a textfile to output to them and then ask them what problem they;re having with their device and give them a solution. If you dont find a solution you have to store them a case file for help. Any help?? I understand how text files work but how would i check the user is inputting the correct answer from the question and give them a solution from their answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    Just finished all of my coursework for computing GCSE.
    I think I have gotten full marks in one and 2 marks off full marks in the second one.
    I can give any tips or pointers.
    Did you do the Encryption task?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am working through task 3 on Python for the OCR Computing GCSE and the deadline is this Friday. I have completed task 1&2 as well as the design sections for task 3 but I am really struggling with the programming. I understand the concept but have no idea what I need to for the program.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owen_EFC)
    Hi,
    I am working through task 3 on Python for the OCR Computing GCSE and the deadline is this Friday. I have completed task 1&2 as well as the design sections for task 3 but I am really struggling with the programming. I understand the concept but have no idea what I need to for the program.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated !
    Please elaborate, what is the task and what are you are stuck on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsjustzac)
    Did you do the Encryption task?
    I can help you out if you tell me more about the task you need help with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebaco123)
    Please elaborate, what is the task and what are you are stuck on?
    Firstly Im not sure how to work with the CSV files.

ReputationRep:
    I can help with the A453 Arithmetic Quiz.
    The rough idea behind Task 3 is that the specification wants you to do a similar task to Task Two, but instead SORT through the data provided.

I personally used the 'csv' module within Python, this enables you to store multiple users results in a .csv file format, or rather an 'Excel' database.

Google is a very good resource for using a csv module with this task.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owen_EFC)
    Firstly Im not sure how to work with the CSV files.
    Look up some tutorials and guides online on using them, here's a decent one I found on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_oXb04izZM

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind that task 2 and task 3, for the arithmetic quiz, don't REQUIRE you to save and read the data from the database. A 2D array, which you can sort, is perfectly acceptable.

For Python, sorting the data in task 3 can be done with a few lines of code (can't exactly remember) but you can find the code for sorting a 2D array online somewhere (the code is not exactly easy to remember so just print out the code at home and take it with you when you do your coursework).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undec)
    Just finished all of my coursework for computing GCSE.
    I think I have gotten full marks in one and 2 marks off full marks in the second one.
    I can give any tips or pointers.
    I guess it's too late now to ask for help but I managed to just about get around a grade A for both of my coursework, I could have done better but my teacher let me down
    Anyways do u have any revision tips regarding the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I am doing Task 1 currently. What were your 'requirements' or 'success criteria' and your variables for Task1?? Thanks, very much appreciated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.