The Student Room Group

Further mathematics

Hi, I am currently studying for my a levels, mathematics, physics and computer science. I did start my first year also studying further/double maths but I found it too much so I dropped the double maths, I have now realised that I want to now take further maths as an a level and drop computer science, but my college won't let me saying that I have left it too late to catch up. I would like to take further maths externally, does anyone know how I can do this? I am in the Sussex area, thank you.
Original post by Wicked9000
Hi, I am currently studying for my a levels, mathematics, physics and computer science. I did start my first year also studying further/double maths but I found it too much so I dropped the double maths, I have now realised that I want to now take further maths as an a level and drop computer science, but my college won't let me saying that I have left it too late to catch up. I would like to take further maths externally, does anyone know how I can do this? I am in the Sussex area, thank you.

Find a local exam centre and sit the Further Maths exams as an external candidate.
Reply 2
Original post by Wicked9000

You'd have to pay late fees to enter for this summer but if you are serious about it then you need to enter for at least a couple of extra units. The cheapest and simplest place to do this is at your current college so try there first.

They often timetable 2 Maths exams in the same session which means you would either have to persuade your college to let you take them there or make sure you pick units that won't clash with the Maths exams at your college.

Quick Reply

Latest