Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do most universities have their own gyms? And if they do, do you have to pay lots for membership or are they free? Or do you have to go to a separate gym, possibly with student discount?

I'm not sure about this so any help much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My University has a gym, last year it was about £60 for the whole year which was a pretty good deal but this year they've renovated it so it went up to £100, which is annoying
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Most universities; probably all have their own gyms

You have to pay a reduced fee

ReputationRep:
    I've never come across a uni which doesn't have its own gym. Some are occasionally shared with community groups - my undergrad uni used to rent the main gym hall out to a local school for three hours a week.

My current uni has a range of options for students & staff. It's £4 for an individual session, £12 for 10 days unlimited use, a sliding scale of charges for 1, 2 and 3 month memberships and a £200 yearly membership.

ReputationRep:
    Most universities will have their own gym as above or may be in affiliation with local gyms. But how much you can use it/ how much it costs will vary massively per uni. If a gym is important to you for when you go to uni you should really start researching into the particular universities you're interested in and their gyms/ ask current student what they think of the facilities.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    My University has a gym, last year it was about £60 for the whole year which was a pretty good deal but this year they've renovated it so it went up to £100, which is annoying
    Still very good...
    Mine increased from £90 to £100 for a uni year (September to May) and i think it's very cheap given it's excellent facilities due to government grants

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.