The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths 6th June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RandomStudent66
That was the worst paper I've ever done. I studied extensively and I had no idea what they were asking I will be lucky to get an E on that paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how you feel mate! It didn't do justice to all our effort throughout the course or reflect our level of expertise... What a WASTE of 2 hours.
Good luck with your other exams!
Original post by trollface54
Was it me or was that paper hard
What do you think the grade boundaries will be?

They're usually at around 68/100 for an A, but I s2g they'd better lower them to at least 60 - that was harder than ANY of the previous past papers.
Any one else feel like they have sat the wrong exam because they didn't have a clue what the hell was going on in that. Feel like i wasn't even taught most of that stuff.
Agreed! Complete waste of time. I spent so long revising, did most of the past papers, and still had to leave a few whole questions blank as I didn't even understand what I was being asked to do! This paper was definitely a lot harder than all the past papers :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Horrible paper, which I thought didn't have many "traditional style" questions which we were expecting.
I know, no binomial distribution too :confused:
The two suvat questions I had noo idea how to answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 207
Who's up for signing a petition to OCR for highly reduced grade boundaries
Reply 208
What did people get for the distance car B travelled before it overtook car A? That bugged me like mad
Reply 209
Original post by asdfghjklyd
I know, no binomial distribution too :confused:

You sure? I'm sure the one on dice rolls was binomial but I could be getting confused as I did 2 past papers just before the exam.

Original post by Tasha_140
The two suvat questions I had noo idea how to answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, one of the only questions I've ever come across where I genuinely have no clue and it just happens to be kinematics :frown:
You had to use two equations, make t the subject and then make them equal each other to cancel out t. I didn't manage it either.. 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bruh
Original post by fg(x)
What did people get for the distance car B travelled before it overtook car A? That bugged me like mad

400m i believe or that might have been the wrong question
There weren't any dice questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 214
Original post by mikethecrilly
You had to use two equations, make t the subject and then make them equal each other to cancel out t. I didn't manage it either.. 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tried something like that and crossed all working out but left 400 :angry:
The question which you had to find x^2 and x, did you guys get a decimal because i did
Reply 216
Does anyone know if they might make an unofficial mark scheme? I did so well in the past papers, gutted tbh felt like I sat the wrong paper too
Reply 217
Original post by 123Master321
400m i believe or that might have been the wrong question

Ahh balls, I got 200m
was this paper a joke. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, I thought I was doing the ***Ing olympiad. Complete and utter joke
𝛿𝛿𝛿 T^T even the binomial expansion questions were strange.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending