Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    lol disgraceful paper, hardest one ever, I don't even want to think about it lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hebeb)
    OP=400-25t and OQ=100-20t

Use Pythagoras to find length PQ (xm) which gave something like 170,000-24,000t+1025t^2.

Differentiate this and set it equal to 0 to find the minimum value of t which you the substituted into the equation above to get 171.8m.
    Whyyyyy ahah I started doing that then thought it was wrong so tried something else n left it im without doubt getting a u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazelarcher)
    Whyyyyy ahah I started doing that then thought it was wrong so tried something else n left it im without doubt getting a u
    Don't worry I didn't even attempt that, just didn't get the question at all haha. feel like such an idiot now, it seems so simple thinking about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wow_)
    What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be? I think I didn't answer a round 25 marks and I want an A:/
    My Guess:

D - Just write your name and candidate details correctly
    C - 5/100
    B - 15/100
    A - 25/100
    If it's anything higher than this I'm gonna rebel

(but seriously, hopefully something like a - low 60's, b - low 50's, c - low 40's, d - low 30's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Townart)
    Like 400-25t, and the 100-20t, I got the answer to be 170 metres as the smallest length of X. Don't know if it's right.
    i got 172 m but the equations I got were 400 - 25/2 t and 100 - 10t using the formula s = u+v/2 x t

ReputationRep:
    I'm just glad it's over and I'll just pretend that exam never happened if I do badly enough. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tahsin360)
    i got 172 m but the equations I got were 400 - 25/2 t and 100 - 10t using the formula s = u+v/2 x t
    you do not divide velocity by 2,if you do it from first principles, you get a velocity time graph, with constant velocity, so the area under it would be a rectangle, therefore, you do not divide by 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meme259)
    They gave it, we had to find the curve equation
    Oh really, so should you have done the antiderbiative. But for 4 marks I thought you'd have to do more than that so I dound the derivative then found X and got an equation so would I pick up 0 marks?

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone get for t in the car and train question? started off decently and then i flopped it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OCR have really outdone themselves. The gold standard for prickness 👏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topspin2000)
    The answer is 400m:
    S = ut + ½ at^2
    Car A: = 0(t) + ½(1.5) t^2
    = .75t^2
    Car B: = 0(t) +½ (2) t^2
    = t^2
    .75t^2 +100 = t^2
    100= ¼ t^2
    t= 20 seconds
    S = ut + ½ at^2
    = 0(20) + ½ 2(20)^2
    =400m
    do you know how many marks that whole question was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    what did everyone get for t in the car and train question? started off decently and then i flopped it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did something with 11.7 I think? :hide:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !GG!)
    Welp.
    GG, OCR. You've successfully managed to piss me off in ways I did not think were imaginable.
    Did all of the past papers, thought, 'yeah, this isn't so bad, I'm ready!'
    After doing the test, I feel like I've wasted a METRIC S***TON of time revision for a test that is going to make me cry to sleep.
    Just... so many questions where I was completely baffled.
    Additional Maths? Additional B***S***.
    When you spend half the exam making sure your deltas dont look like 8's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lrrgolas)
    do you know how many marks that whole question was?
    4 for the distance (400m) and 2 for the time (20s), I believe.

ReputationRep:
    what was the angle of the triangle? and the shortest length of AB?

ReputationRep:
    So an A will probably be low 60s? Thank god 😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La.la)
    When you spend half the exam making sure your deltas dont look like 8's.
    Don't even get me started on that! WTF, Why, just why OCR, out of all the symbols you could have given, why give the one that no one has ever used and takes 10 years to draw - yes, draw, you don't write that kind of bs out. You could have given us X again, what's wrong with x? You could have given us a, b, c, d, e, fghijklmnopqrstuvxyz but NO, LETS BE FANCY AND GIVE THEM A FLIPPING DELTA
    Timewasting + BS = OCR Additional Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrumpIsFancy)
    what was the angle of the triangle? and the shortest length of AB?
    shortest length was 11.5cm (rounded up to nearest cm making 12)
    can't remember angle though :/

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the other line that was also tangent, I got y=3x+5, i did it by forming the diameter, was that what everyone else did

ReputationRep:
    how low do you think the grade boundaries could go??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.