Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can someone PLEASE do an unofficial mark scheme on a separate thread OR post the paper if you somehow manage to get it.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HKHASSAN)
    Can someone PLEASE do an unofficial mark scheme on a separate thread OR post the paper if you somehow manage to get it.

Thanks
    Well as they don't send off the question papers it may be possible for anyone who has an exam tomorrow to pick up a copy of it if they have kept them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123Master321)
    how bout this: it was ****ing easy *****
    Lovely.

ReputationRep:
    you're a ****

ReputationRep:
    That exam was BS!!! IT was harder than C1 and C2 from AS Maths combined... I am speaking because i am fully capable of getting A's in A level Maths and i know the difficulty of AS Maths.... Honestly OCR you give easy papers in the previous years and then piss all over us in the 2016 series?! The grade boundary better be around 57 for a A, else i have definitely got below an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrumpIsFancy)
    what was the angle of the triangle? and the shortest length of AB?
    I got 91.25 for the angle and 11.5 for AB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrumpIsFancy)
    what was the angle of the triangle? and the shortest length of AB?
    I got 90 degrees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123Master321)
    how bout this: it was ****ing easy *****
    master123 you're a fcking ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_spice03)
    I got 91.25 for the angle and 11.5 for AB
    i got 90 then I just put 90.5. I think the way to get the answer was to get the biggest number for cos and using the inverse function right? my calculator showed a maths error when i got cos -1 (5.something)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunilP_123)
    I got 90 degrees
    100 percent sure it was 88.1 degrees cuz U had to do upper bound which was 12.5 divided by the lower bound which was 11.5 ,

ReputationRep:
    That awkward moment when everyone get about 90 for the triangle question and you get some number over 100.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatehannah)
    100 percent sure it was 88.1 degrees cuz U had to do upper bound which was 12.5 divided by the lower bound which was 11.5 ,
    Except when you do the inverse of cos you want the number inside to be as small as possible to get the biggest angle.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I checked using my calculator during the exam. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Except when you do the inverse of cos you want the number inside to be as small as possible to get the biggest angle.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Was it not 97 something degrees as you had to make b and c smaller by 0.5 cm and a larger by 0.5cm. To get largest angle

ReputationRep:
    cri evrytiem

ReputationRep:
    It's got nothing to do with lower bounds. Its just the upper bound of the side opposite to the angle. Other sides don't natter.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, not smallest as possible, but follow this graph:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deardood)
    Was it not 97 something degrees as you had to make b and c smaller by 0.5 cm and a larger by 0.5cm. To get largest angle
    Yes this is what I got. Can't remember the exact figure but it was ~97 and I did what you did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deardood)
    I've forgotten what answer I ended up getting, but I think that's what I did...

ReputationRep:
    I got 90 ..

But wtf i feel so embarrased if it was actually 88.1 degrees coz thats simple gcse

But if u divided by 11.5 like me but had 12.5 on top instead of 12 how come u got a smaller angle? Surely it should've been larger than 90?

Anyone else fasting today for Ramadan? Nearly half of the ppl who entered for this exam didnt turn up so the room was extra quiet ....then my stomach decides to bomb everyone's ears with its pissed off rumbling

Grade boundaries BETER be low coz the 2015 seemed like gsce child's play in comparison

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.