Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    It's been alright to be honest. The only thing a really found difficult was trig. Wbu?
    I'm pretty much happy too. Just some aspects of 3D trig and kinematics I need to work on a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BriannaTheBreeze)
    Nice Which is your favourite?
    I’d have to say either Music or Maths – this is why I cannot bear to do badly during the FSMQ exam (plus I’m taking both Maths and Further Maths at A-levels, and I think that doing badly would just make me less sure about doing those two subjects).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    I'm just doing loads of past paper questions etc. What about you?
    Kind of awful - I've been busy with coursework, and we haven't finished all of the topics in Ad Maths either, so I haven't had time to properly revise or even be able to go through a whole past paper. I'm hoping this'll change soon.

TheOtherSide. Pity I'm doing the AQA Level 2 further maths :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    TheOtherSide. Pity I'm doing the AQA Level 2 further maths :getmecoat:
    :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    I’d have to say either Music or Maths – this is why I cannot bear to do badly during the FSMQ exam (plus I’m taking both Maths and Further Maths at A-levels, and I think that doing badly would just make me less sure about doing those two subjects).

I want to do Maths and Further Maths at A-level too! Music is good, but unfortunately I lack the skill or dedication needed to actually become good at it, so I'm not going to take it when I get to pick options haha! I've always admired people who do, though- from my perspective, music is one of the harder GCSEs (although that may just be coming from my tremendously unskilled standpoint!) And I can see your worry, but I'm sure you'll do fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BriannaTheBreeze)
    I want to do Maths and Further Maths at A-level too! Music is good, but unfortunately I lack the skill or dedication needed to actually become good at it, so I'm not going to take it when I get to pick options haha! I've always admired people who do, though- from my perspective, music is one of the harder GCSEs (although that may just be coming from my tremendously unskilled standpoint!) And I can see your worry, but I'm sure you'll do fine!
    :five: And you must be more than able in Maths if you're taking Ad Maths this early!

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* in maths GSCE but I struggle with Additional Maths so much. I got a B in my mock in December which only had the algebra topics but I have another mock next week and we just started kinematics and haven't done 3D trig.

Does anyone have tips for revising????

I usually do past papers for every subject but the mark scheme for maths papers just confuses me even more and I cant determine if my working out was right or wrong or what exactly I did wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchjin)
    I got an A* in maths GSCE but I struggle with Additional Maths so much. I got a B in my mock in December which only had the algebra topics but I have another mock next week and we just started kinematics and haven't done 3D trig.

I usually do past papers for every subject but the mark scheme for maths papers just confuses me even more and I cant determine if my working out was right or wrong or what exactly I did wrong.
    Exact same for me even though I got an A* in Y8. I tried revising by doing the questions in the Past Papers. I felt much more capable after 'getting used' to the style of the questions they ask you.

ReputationRep:
    I would be preetyyy content with a B in add. maths and an A* in GCSE Maths, Thats if i can even get those grades lol. Thanks for this thread will really help me and a lot of ppl im sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchjin)

If you're unsure about whether your working was right or not, maybe you could watch videos which show you the working out, so that you can see if you were going in the right direction.

I did put up a youtube link in the OP, but here it is for your convenience:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...o8sPogVlyBP6yD
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4Ww8rq9UkCQw_a (This only has workings out for the June 2012 paper).

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has any questions, I'm more than happy to help!

I never did this qualification however I'm pretty confident with AS maths. I'll be able to assist with all of the topics except for linear programming (lol wtf is that) and probability stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    If anyone has any questions, I'm more than happy to help!

I never did this qualification however I'm pretty confident with AS maths. I'll be able to assist with all of the topics except for linear programming (lol wtf is that) and probability stuff.
    Thanks very much for offering to help!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Linear programming is basically using graphs and inequalities to work out what combination of two variables give the best outcome (if that makes any sense).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sosassysofe)
    I would be preetyyy content with a B in add. maths and an A* in GCSE Maths, Thats if i can even get those grades lol. Thanks for this thread will really help me and a lot of ppl im sure!
    I hope you get those grades!

No problem, and I hope this does

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this - I'm moving this to the maths exam forum (it's more suited there!) and feel free to tag and/or quote me for help; haven't taken this either but should be able to help with anything. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Thanks very much for offering to help!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Linear programming is basically using graphs and inequalities to work out what combination of two variables give the best outcome (if that makes any sense).
    No problem! Good luck!

And yeah that makes sense I think?? I don't think I'll ever have to come across it though so I'll just steer clear lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    No problem! Good luck!

And yeah that makes sense I think?? I don't think I'll ever have to come across it though so I'll just steer clear lol.
    Thank you!

As long as you're not planning to sell cakes and muffins or something, you'll be fine :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah, that was an example of when we had to use linear programming.

ReputationRep:
    IS IT JUST ME OR IS KINEMATICS A DESCENDANT FROM HELL

im stressed

ReputationRep:
    I have a mock on Tuesday.
    There are like 50 topics that I do t understand including kinematics, probability and literally everything.

I'm so stressed but I have English Language, English literature, B2 and C2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yepthatsme)
    IS IT JUST ME OR IS KINEMATICS A DESCENDANT FROM HELL

im stressed
    I feeeellll youuu

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.