Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I tried to learn all the techniques but for many of the questions, especially the car/train and the constant acceleration questions, I wasn't able to apply the stuff I learnt. I'm expecting my mark to be in the low 50s. The June 2011 paper required 62 for an A but why was that so easy compared to this year? Does everyone feel the same? Out of the 10 pupils in my Add Maths class, every single one of them found it extremely difficult and confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reesharr)
    Correct.

"A" stands for accuracy, so if you haven't got the right answer it isn't accurate. Hence why we have "M" marks so that you can still get marks if you use the right method but slip up in applying that method.
    Do you think I will get any marks for subtracting 5 instead of adding 5 for that bread question? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrumpIsFancy)
    I tried to learn all the techniques but for many of the questions, especially the car/train and the constant acceleration questions, I wasn't able to apply the stuff I learnt. I'm expecting my mark to be in the low 50s. The June 2011 paper required 62 for an A but why was that so easy compared to this year? Does everyone feel the same? Out of the 10 pupils in my Add Maths class, every single one of them found it extremely difficult and confusing.
    yeh same at my school. I think I may have got low 60s so just hoping for low grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrumpIsFancy)
    Exactly the same here. In my school, there are around 40 people doing Add Maths and we all found it impossible, even people who normally get like 99% in regular GCSE Maths past papers. And I agree, it was so much harder than all the past papers we've done, even June 2010 (for which the A boundary was 61%). I'm legitimately expecting the grade boundary this year to be high 50s for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benb2000)
    Lol is your name a reference to the gone books
    yes! I love the Gone series.

ReputationRep:
    i got the gradient as -2/3x , but the whole question was like 12 marks, would that one error cost me 12 marks cause there was many parts to the question, that would be so unfair!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatehannah)
    i got the gradient as -2/3x , but the whole question was like 12 marks, would that one error cost me 12 marks cause there was many parts to the question, that would be so unfair!!!!!
    Which question?

Assuming Q.12, if you look at my unofficial mark scheme you'll see I've put in plenty of M1 method marks - and more may be given in the official mark scheme for f/t errors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1471389882590.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  76.8 KB

i think these will be pleasing to all 59 for an A this is beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    Name:  1471389882590.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  76.8 KB

i think these will be pleasing to all 59 for an A this is beautiful
    Yes!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah!!!!😆

ReputationRep:
    Somehow got an A :O

Does anyone know what points means on the results sheet? The number I got was significantly below 59 and I can't quite crack what it means :/

ReputationRep:
    How do you get your results? I'm not able to go to my school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M451)
    Somehow got an A :O

Does anyone know what points means on the results sheet? The number I got was significantly below 59 and I can't quite crack what it means :/
    Well done! That's the amount of UCAS points awarded i.e. 45 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hebeb)
    But aren't the grade boundaries 59? I'm very confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ursulab)
    But aren't the grade boundaries 59? I'm very confused.
    59/100 for an A. You don't get one UCAS point per mark which is why it's less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    59/100 for an A. You don't get one UCAS point per mark which is why it's less.
    Wow that is strange. How do I calculate my actual percentage (the amount of points I got)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hebeb)
    Thank you!I did think about that but 45 UCAS points on the current tariffs is far too much. I checked on their website and it's 20 for 2016 tariffs and 10 for 2017. Apparently the 45 is the number of points for another scoring system that nobody really uses.

ReputationRep:
    So is today results day for add-maths? Because I haven't got my results yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ursulab)
    Wow that is strange. How do I calculate my actual percentage (the amount of points I got)?
    I'm not actually sure since I'm getting mine next year. You might have to contact OCR🤔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BriannaTheBreeze)
    So is today results day for add-maths? Because I haven't got my results yet
    It is but your school probably decided to give it to you next week like mine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.