The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths 6th June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kennethdcharles
It is but your school probably decided to give it to you next week like mine.
Ah, okay. Irritating, but I'm glad that's all it is. Thanks :smile:
Reply 521
Original post by M451
Thank you!I did think about that but 45 UCAS points on the current tariffs is far too much. I checked on their website and it's 20 for 2016 tariffs and 10 for 2017. Apparently the 45 is the number of points for another scoring system that nobody really uses.

Oh yeah sorry I just checked and you're right. I just assumed it was UCAS points, oh well doesn't really matter. I wish we got our mark back though.

Original post by BriannaTheBreeze
So is today results day for add-maths? Because I haven't got my results yet

Yes it's a level 3 qualification so results come out the same day as A levels. Might be worth contacting your school? Or if you've sat any GCSEs this year then go into school on results day next week and you should be able to get it.
Statistics for this exam are given below.
If you have any questions about this exam, please do feel free to ask me!
Reply 525
any1 else received their results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pk789

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have, I got a B :smile: I'm over the moon considering that I was genuinely expecting a U after that horrible exam
Original post by hebeb
Oh yeah sorry I just checked and you're right. I just assumed it was UCAS points, oh well doesn't really matter. I wish we got our mark back though.

Yes it's a level 3 qualification so results come out the same day as A levels. Might be worth contacting your school? Or if you've sat any GCSEs this year then go into school on results day next week and you should be able to get it.

Thanks :smile: I tried contacting them, but haven't got a reply. Hopefully I'll get them next week. (Haven't taken any GCSEs this year, I'm year 9)
Reply 528
Original post by nwmyname

Hi, I got a B in the FSMQ exam even though my predicted grade was an A and I had achieved a high A in all of the previous past papers that I had done.I am disappointed with my grade because I want to study economics at a top university, preferably Oxbridge or LSE. Will a B be a disadvantage? Please advise me on what to do next.
Original post by Rose24
Hi, I got a B in the FSMQ exam even though my predicted grade was an A and I had achieved a high A in all of the previous past papers that I had done.I am disappointed with my grade because I want to study economics at a top university, preferably Oxbridge or LSE. Will a B be a disadvantage? Please advise me on what to do next.

Not really.
As far as I am aware, even doing FSMQ reinforces your application for any of the universities as it shows that you have studied applications of maths at an advanced level, rather than the standard GCSE and A-level pathway, regardless of whether it was an A, B or C grade.

This is what the admissions officer for Oxbridge told me.
Original post by Rose24

Someone asked at university open days, and apparently half the world (you know what I mean,) doesn't know that Add Maths exists - and apparently a lot of Maths graduates haven't taken Add Maths, so I doubt it.

I got a B as well after a lot of high A marks in practice papers - as did most of my class.
Reply 531
Original post by bonnie_x
I have, I got a B :smile: I'm over the moon considering that I was genuinely expecting a U after that horrible exam

Nice well done. It really was a terrible paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 532
Not really.
As far as I am aware, even doing FSMQ reinforces your application for any of the universities as it shows that you have studied applications of maths at an advanced level, rather than the standard GCSE and A-level pathway, regardless of whether it was an A, B or C grade.

This is what the admissions officer for Oxbridge told me.

Thanks for the help. I was really worried about this :smile:
Reply 533
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Someone asked at university open days, and apparently half the world (you know what I mean,) doesn't know that Add Maths exists - and apparently a lot of Maths graduates haven't taken Add Maths, so I doubt it.

I got a B as well after a lot of high A marks in practice papers - as did most of my class.

Thanks for the encouragement :biggrin:
Reply 534

Hi, can you explain what that statistic thing meant? What's it showing briefly? Haven't got my result, I think my school will give it to me with the rest of my gcses
Original post by gro
Hi, can you explain what that statistic thing meant? What's it showing briefly? Haven't got my result, I think my school will give it to me with the rest of my gcses

The statistics that I published show how many people got the grades.
For instance, 40% of applicants got an A, 60% got a B or above.

Yes, if you are in Year 11, your results come with the GCSEs you have taken.

Hope it helps :smile:
Reply 536

What is the points thing we see next to our grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pk789

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have, somehow got an A :eek:
Original post by pk789
What is the points thing we see next to our grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCAS points.
They're needed to get into university.
The higher the grade, the more points you get and the more points you get, the more likely you can get into a specific uni.
Reply 539
UCAS points.
They're needed to get into university.
The higher the grade, the more points you get and the more points you get, the more likely you can get into a specific uni.

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending