Turn on thread page Beta

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths 6th June 2016 Official Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    It is but your school probably decided to give it to you next week like mine.
    Ah, okay. Irritating, but I'm glad that's all it is. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M451)
    Thank you!I did think about that but 45 UCAS points on the current tariffs is far too much. I checked on their website and it's 20 for 2016 tariffs and 10 for 2017. Apparently the 45 is the number of points for another scoring system that nobody really uses.
    Oh yeah sorry I just checked and you're right. I just assumed it was UCAS points, oh well doesn't really matter. I wish we got our mark back though.

(Original post by BriannaTheBreeze)
    So is today results day for add-maths? Because I haven't got my results yet
    Yes it's a level 3 qualification so results come out the same day as A levels. Might be worth contacting your school? Or if you've sat any GCSEs this year then go into school on results day next week and you should be able to get it.

ReputationRep:
    Grade Boundaries for 2016.

Under 6993.
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/322748-...-june-2016.pdf

These are lower than last years.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Statistics for this exam are given below.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    If you have any questions about this exam, please do feel free to ask me!

ReputationRep:
    any1 else received their results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pk789)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have, I got a B I'm over the moon considering that I was genuinely expecting a U after that horrible exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hebeb)
    Oh yeah sorry I just checked and you're right. I just assumed it was UCAS points, oh well doesn't really matter. I wish we got our mark back though.

Yes it's a level 3 qualification so results come out the same day as A levels. Might be worth contacting your school? Or if you've sat any GCSEs this year then go into school on results day next week and you should be able to get it.
    Thanks I tried contacting them, but haven't got a reply. Hopefully I'll get them next week. (Haven't taken any GCSEs this year, I'm year 9)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nwmyname)
    Hi, I got a B in the FSMQ exam even though my predicted grade was an A and I had achieved a high A in all of the previous past papers that I had done.I am disappointed with my grade because I want to study economics at a top university, preferably Oxbridge or LSE. Will a B be a disadvantage? Please advise me on what to do next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose24)
    Hi, I got a B in the FSMQ exam even though my predicted grade was an A and I had achieved a high A in all of the previous past papers that I had done.I am disappointed with my grade because I want to study economics at a top university, preferably Oxbridge or LSE. Will a B be a disadvantage? Please advise me on what to do next.
    Not really.
    As far as I am aware, even doing FSMQ reinforces your application for any of the universities as it shows that you have studied applications of maths at an advanced level, rather than the standard GCSE and A-level pathway, regardless of whether it was an A, B or C grade.

This is what the admissions officer for Oxbridge told me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose24)
    Someone asked at university open days, and apparently half the world (you know what I mean,) doesn't know that Add Maths exists - and apparently a lot of Maths graduates haven't taken Add Maths, so I doubt it.

I got a B as well after a lot of high A marks in practice papers - as did most of my class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonnie_x)
    I have, I got a B I'm over the moon considering that I was genuinely expecting a U after that horrible exam
    Nice well done. It really was a terrible paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not really.
    As far as I am aware, even doing FSMQ reinforces your application for any of the universities as it shows that you have studied applications of maths at an advanced level, rather than the standard GCSE and A-level pathway, regardless of whether it was an A, B or C grade.

This is what the admissions officer for Oxbridge told me.
    Thanks for the help. I was really worried about this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    Someone asked at university open days, and apparently half the world (you know what I mean,) doesn't know that Add Maths exists - and apparently a lot of Maths graduates haven't taken Add Maths, so I doubt it.

I got a B as well after a lot of high A marks in practice papers - as did most of my class.
    Thanks for the encouragement

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can you explain what that statistic thing meant? What's it showing briefly? Haven't got my result, I think my school will give it to me with the rest of my gcses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gro)
    Hi, can you explain what that statistic thing meant? What's it showing briefly? Haven't got my result, I think my school will give it to me with the rest of my gcses
    The statistics that I published show how many people got the grades.
    For instance, 40% of applicants got an A, 60% got a B or above.

Yes, if you are in Year 11, your results come with the GCSEs you have taken.

Hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    What is the points thing we see next to our grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pk789)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have, somehow got an A :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pk789)
    What is the points thing we see next to our grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
    UCAS points.
    They're needed to get into university.
    The higher the grade, the more points you get and the more points you get, the more likely you can get into a specific uni.

ReputationRep:
    UCAS points.
    They're needed to get into university.
    The higher the grade, the more points you get and the more points you get, the more likely you can get into a specific uni.
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 19, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.