Turn on thread page Beta

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths 6th June 2016 Official Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yepthatsme)
    IS IT JUST ME OR IS KINEMATICS A DESCENDANT FROM HELL

im stressed
    We haven't even covered the topic yet...

I'm wondering whether to be happy or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    Haha I have history that morning too, are you on Edexcel? Got the beautiful international relations paper (Cold War)

3D trig used to be my favourite until the weird questions admaths has
    You've got the history in the morning too? That's probably my worst day, cause the add maths clashes with mandarin. Also, does anyone understand linear programming? Because I sure do not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pyxis)
    You've got the history in the morning too? That's probably my worst day, cause the add maths clashes with mandarin. Also, does anyone understand linear programming? Because I sure do not
    I sort of understood it when we did it in class, but I think I've pretty much forgotten what to do now...

All I know is that you don't use the objective function equation thing until right at the end.

ReputationRep:
    I had my mock and it was ok. I think I didn't do very well but almost everyone in my class gave up. I feel like the school won't enter anyone in for the exam.

A 3D trig question came up (I think or maybe it was normal trig but it was worded weirdly). That was the only question I really understood and my teacher hasn't taught 3D trig yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchjin)
    I had my mock and it was ok. I think I didn't do very well but almost everyone in my class gave up. I feel like the school won't enter anyone in for the exam.

A 3D trig question came up (I think or maybe it was normal trig but it was worded weirdly). That was the only question I really understood and my teacher hasn't taught 3D trig yet.
    Did you want to take the exam? If yes, it would have been really unfair on you if they didn't enter anyone...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the exam this year It clashes with Economics so I'm definitely looking forward to staying in school until about 4

I'm feeling pretty prepared, we've being doing loads of past papers and I've gotten As on all of them. We did start the course in June last year so I probably have more preparation than most atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have a similar situation as I do economics as well (is it OCR?). However, I also do History which is on the same day so I have to do 4 tests on the same day!!!

Needless to say it is going to be horrible

ReputationRep:
    Ugh IKR, it clashes with economics (which is, too, going to be one of my hardest exams). It's gonna be a looong day with History in the morning (2 hours!) SAVE ME

I also hate 3D trigonometry, although I understand what to do, I never execute it without like 2947483 mini mistakes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know what you mean as I do Add maths, History and Economics as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lunaticash19995)
    I have a similar situation as I do economics as well (is it OCR?). However, I also do History which is on the same day so I have to do 4 tests on the same day!!!

Needless to say it is going to be horrible
    AQA

Lots of people I know are dropping out of the exam but I feel like I may as well if I've come this far. Fortunately, it's the only day when I have more than one exam

ReputationRep:
    AQA

Lots of people I know are dropping out of the exam but I feel like I may as well if I've come this far. Fortunately, it's the only day when I have more than one exam
    Same. I have done Add maths for a year now so I might as well do it instead of wasting the whole year's work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AQA

I wish I was as lucky as you... I've got two days with three exams each and other days with two exams. I don't know how I'll cope.

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone revising? We've finished the course now, so I am currently doing some questions from my textbook to make sure I remember how to do everything. My school gave us an exams booklet with every exam paper since 2003 in it, with the mark schemes too, as well as some revision questions for all chapters, so I'm gonna go through all of them by the exam, so hopefully I'll be able to come out with an A.

ReputationRep:
    IS IT JUST ME OR IS KINEMATICS A DESCENDANT FROM HELL

im stressed
    I feel you -_- unfortunately haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles)
    How's everyone revising? We've finished the course now, so I am currently doing some questions from my textbook to make sure I remember how to do everything. My school gave us an exams booklet with every exam paper since 2003 in it, with the mark schemes too, as well as some revision questions for all chapters, so I'm gonna go through all of them by the exam, so hopefully I'll be able to come out with an A.
    That's what our teachers did too... Only difference is that I have not touched it at all😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kinematics is really easy until you get calculus inside it. I have covered all the topics and I find kinematics as the easiest.

ReputationRep:
    I doing the exam and its too late to pull out. We started this month. We done up to trig 1 in the vall hanrahan textbook. Is the rest easy enough to learn in time

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding past papers extremely valuable in terms of revision; so far this week, I have done the June 2003, 2004, and 2006 papers, and I have achieved 78/100, 82/100 and 88/100 respectively.

ReputationRep:
    I sat OCR additional maths last year and I would strongly advise doing the 2015 paper as it had one particularly unusual calculus question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryptokyo)
    I sat OCR additional maths last year and I would strongly advise doing the 2015 paper as it had one particularly unusual calculus question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For some reason our teacher cant get hold of it...so weird Also, would u say that the 2015 exam was harder than previous years?

ReputationRep:
    Wow thats really good!
    I'm finding past papers extremely valuable in terms of revision; so far this week, I have done the June 2003, 2004, and 2006 papers, and I have achieved 78/100, 82/100 and 88/100 respectively.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! I did the 2006 paper and found it to be quite a nice one (I got 90 on it )
    But I'm pretty inconsistent lately so I'm hoping to do a couple more past papers before the exam to try and keep getting high As
    Found out I'm terrible at the algebra manipulation questions so I'll probably be practising some of those in the book and end of chapter tests

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 19, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.