Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Before Christmas I was at an A grade prediction for my GCSE Spanish, and then after we did the mocks my predicted grade has gone down to a C. I have those purple Edexcel revision guides for Spanish but I have no idea what to do with them. I try to revise but at the end of it I feel like I learnt nothing, Spanish it the only subject I have that is currently lower than a A grade and it annoys me. It doesn't help that my Spanish teacher is lazy and doesn't like to help me. Half the time in class she just gives up on the lesson and puts on a video.

Can anyone who's good at GCSE Spanish tell me how you revise effectively at home? Or at the very least does your teacher do anything in class that helps you because the exams are getting closer and I feel like I'm going to get D at this rate.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I never revise for Spanish in Yr 11 since i have never took it before. I always get A*'s and no less (However, i did live in Spain for about 4 years).

I would say go on Youtube. I use YouTube to revise all my subjects and it.

I should think it would definitely help with Spanish more effectively as you can actually hear the Pronunciation of words and learn how to conjugate words with 99% accuracy. But the key is to learn as much vocal as you can. It helps in the exam as you can simply make logical inferences by picking out the vocal you already know and apply it to the context. Best of Luck

ReputationRep:
    I always love to use flashcards. Write common spanish phrases on them and carry them around with you. Whenever you have a spare moment then you can look over them. I used to travel to school by the train so I would keep them in my blazer pocket and sit with them for the 20 min train ride.

My teacher used to recommend going onto the BBC Mundo website and to try and read some of the spanish articles. Even if you cannot understand all of it, you will be able to pick out familiar words, and after a while your understanding will get better and better. this means that once you look over A level passages they won't seem as difficult as you have become accustomed to reading spanish newspaper articles.

Good luck with your exam and I hope that this helps !

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.