Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm trying to work out, how can I be original when I keep looking for inspiration and essentially almost copy other people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Hello,

I'm trying to work out, how can I be original when I keep looking for inspiration and essentially almost copy other people?
    there's your answer, don't do that

be your own inspiration, imagine that people want to be like you and that you want to set a name for yourself

ReputationRep:
    Socks and sandals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    there's your answer, don't do that

be your own inspiration, imagine that people want to be like you and that you want to set a name for yourself
    Right, I've heard people say you should be passionate about what your doing to be original. But, I can't really think of anything I'm passionate about. :P

ReputationRep:
    Right, I've heard people say you should be passionate about what your doing to be original. But, I can't really think of anything I'm passionate about. :P
    Doesn't have to be a hobby; you could be passionate about something like your behavior or your fashion sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    Doesn't have to be a hobby; you could be passionate about something like your behavior or your fashion sense
    Perhaps.... The trouble is is I'm quite an introvert, don't really speak to anyone and very, very rarely leave my house other than to go to college.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Do you have any quirks or idiosyncrasies that would make other people think you're a bit weird?

If the answer is yes (and it probably is - everyone's a bit weird haha) then just own those little bits of your unique weirdness that sets you a part from the general norm.

Its worked for me I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markreed)
    Do you have any quirks or idiosyncrasies that would make other people think you're a bit weird?

If the answer is yes (and it probably is - everyone's a bit weird haha) then just own those little bits of your unique weirdness that sets you a part from the general norm.

Its worked for me I think.
    Yeah, thanks! But, I feel like I'm not doing enough with the things that make me weird. I feel like, sure they make me quirky but that's it. I feel like there's something more I can do with that that I'm currently not doing....

ReputationRep:
    have stuff customised like almost all my jewellery is custom made or was made in that limited a release that no-one will see another one

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.