Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!

So I went to see my first choice university today and loved the accommodation but when I went online to read up on it more, it stated that it won't be offered to students who live within 25 miles. I live about 13 miles away so I'm gutted as I really don't want to stay at home, it's about a 2 hour journey on the bus both ways so it would just be a huge effort.

I was wondering, would I still get the same amount of student finance as I would if I was living in halls if I was living in an apartment say, a 10 minute journey on the tram away? I'm just really confused about how it all works.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by geobee)
    Hey there!

So I went to see my first choice university today and loved the accommodation but when I went online to read up on it more, it stated that it won't be offered to students who live within 25 miles. I live about 13 miles away so I'm gutted as I really don't want to stay at home, it's about a 2 hour journey on the bus both ways so it would just be a huge effort.

I was wondering, would I still get the same amount of student finance as I would if I was living in halls if I was living in an apartment say, a 10 minute journey on the tram away? I'm just really confused about how it all works.
    As long as you're not living in your parental home you'll get the higher rate. It doesn't matter if you live in halls or in a private student house.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.