The Student Room Group

The Sun's lack of respect for the Queen

Over the past few months we have seen repeated front pages from the Sun getting on their high horse about Jeremy Corbyn snubbing the Queen by not wanting to kneel at Privy Council or not wanting to sing the national anthem or whatever. I can understand that to some people the Monarchy is our heritage and that the Queen should be respected and this is fair enough.

But now we see some completely disgusting hypocrisy from the same newspaper who decides to do a front page claiming the Queen supports Brexit - without clearing it with her office first or checking that she was happy to be associated with their story and alleged comments.

It is a complete lack of respect.

The Queen is here to be the Queen for all Britons whatever their political views and in a debate like this she does not want to be associated with supporting one side or the other. The Palace has made this quite clear and despite attempts from people with a political agenda to try and claim "the Queen agrees with us" she has clearly signalled that she wants to stay out of politics.

The Sun is exploiting the Queen like they exploit the armed forces and the veterans - entirely using them for their own political purposes. They have clearly caused the Queen a lot of distress and the Palace has now formally complained about it, but what will they do? Will they publish a front page apology saying "We're Sorry Ma'am" or will they childishly insist that their unsubstantiated story was "in the public interest".

One of the most basic rules of etiquette when you are involved in a function with Her Majesty is that private conversations are to remain private. She should not feel like she is being spied on or that she can't have real discussions with members of her government.

The Sun should be ashamed of themselves.
Who cares?

Public figures know they are in the firing line and as such should conduct themselves with greater integrity than the average person.
Reply 2
the Sun is a business and will print what fills pages and sells copies
I thought you were talking about the actual sun lmao.:colondollar:
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
Who cares?

Public figures know they are in the firing line and as such should conduct themselves with greater integrity than the average person.

The Queen has acted with integrity, the Sun's editorial team has not.
It's amazing, really. This is the paper that tried to go to town on the Leader of the Opposition because of his apparent lack of deference to the Crown, and here's the Sun doing far worse and actually flouting constitutional decency. The fact that the Editor-in-Chief has signaled he's going to die on the hill that is this spurious claim, in the face of denials by the Palace and Mr. Clegg, and all they have to back it up is an 'anonymous source', is astounding.

If the LEAVE camp keep pulling out clangers like this...
I expect nothing of the Sun.
Reply 7
The queen, much like the sun, is irrelevant.
That you'd attempt to compare these things is laughable and a desperate attempt to slag off The Sun for bashing Corbyn. I'm not a Sun reader or anything but this is pathetic. This is the kind of dumb thing Vox Political or Another Angry Voice would come dream up.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The Queen has acted with integrity, the Sun's editorial team has not.

I salute you, good sir.

The Queen is a victim of liberalism, the monarchy was at one point Nazi sympathetic because they saw them as a vehicle to getting their power back.

The monarchy has an incentive to support Brexit and UKIP, the only thing stopping them is the globalists who could throw them out at any time of their choosing and I wouldn't be surprised if they trying to blackmail the monarchy into a pro-EU position, the problem is that either way they are doomed.

The aristocracy, which enjoyed by law the fruits of labour of the workers, was interested in seeing that the workers were well fed, healthy, and strong. The globalists are interested in just the opposite - in the diminution of the people. They perceive their power to be in the chronic shortness of food and physical weakness of the worker because by all that this implies he is made the slave of their will, and he will not find in his own authorities either strength or energy to set against their will. Hunger creates the right of capital to rule the worker more surely than it was given to the aristocracy by the legal authority of kings.
(edited 8 years ago)
So all the other times over the pass few decades when the Sun, Mirror and other papers have gone mercilessly rooting round in peoples personal lives that wasn't a problem, but now it's the Queen OMFG WTF IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!
Original post by JC.
The queen, much like the sun, is irrelevant.

But it provides us with heat and light... oh wait, that sun, the one that damages your brain and not your eyes if you look at it.
Reply 13
Original post by The Socktor
But it provides us with heat and light... oh wait, that sun, the one that damages your brain and not your eyes if you look at it.

Yes, that one. :wink:
Original post by KimKallstrom
That you'd attempt to compare these things is laughable and a desperate attempt to slag off The Sun for bashing Corbyn. I'm not a Sun reader or anything but this is pathetic. This is the kind of dumb thing Vox Political or Another Angry Voice would come dream up.

Or, on the other side of the political spectrum, Guido Fawkes is no better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending