The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
has it updated on track for anyone? mine hasn't updated yet:frown:
Finally got a response to my application. My fourth rejection 😞
I got a pre interview rejection today :/ gutted as I thought my UKCAT might have given me a good shot - 713 average and band 1
Original post by rohit5148
So are you like graduate/gap year?

Nope undergrad home applicant
Original post by eemooz
31st jan

what time? (same day)
Original post by Lostperson
Congrats for the offers! Im still waiting for an interview. Any hope?
2:1 Biomed + MSc + 700 UKCAT.

I have similar stats and still waiting for am interview too! Hope we get one soon!
I cannot believe I am writing these lines but I have just got an interview! :smile:))))
Original post by ArtScience
I cannot believe I am writing these lines but I have just got an interview! :smile:))))

Just now?
Got invitation for interview today! Mine is 10.03. Omg so happy <3 my legs are weak 😂
Original post by Lostperson
Just now?

well, I am guessing when the daily refresh was around 7:30. I just saw it late as was busy with some stuff.
Original post by erinls2
I got a pre interview rejection today :/ gutted as I thought my UKCAT might have given me a good shot - 713 average and band 1

Really odd you got rejected with that, follow it up.
Original post by James_tattersall
Finally got a response to my application. My fourth rejection 😞

same boat! chin up! find out your weaknesses and work on it, only a couple of months until October deadline again :smile:
Original post by Pantego
I got an offer!!!!

Graduate applicant:smile:
Had my interview on 10th Jan!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was your offer for A100 or A102? Are you a domestic/EU student or an international/non-EU applicant?
Have they given all the offers out for all the completed interview dates? :frown:
Original post by BHB2016
Hi Rene,

Which residence do you live in and why did you choose to live there, assuming you did? What are important factors to consider in terms of accommodation?

From what I can see on the website, it seems that they waste very little time before putting students on clinical placements; could you discuss this, and the nature of clinical placements in general at King's College?

Could you also please discuss case-based teaching versus lectures, and their relative prevalence in the course? Apparently 50% of our time is meant for self-study; exactly what do they mean by this?

Sorry for the bombardment with questions; I don't want to misunderstand anything.

Nikhil.V

Hello,

I chose to live in Great Dover Street Apartments (GDS) for my first year. You don't get much of a choice, they ask you to say which financial category you identify most with and then select one for you on this basis. It is quite a fair system though - if you are a medic then ideally you are living in Wolfson House or at GDS, because they are both very close to Guy's campus.

Consider whether you don't mind sharing a bathroom with other people, locality and consider financial arrangements of course.

From second year you will be undertaking clinical placements. The hospitals are brilliant - Guy's, King's and St. Thomas' are all world renowned. You will really enjoy them if you come here, we are a lot more clinical than most med schools.

Self study is online learning using resources provided. Regardless of what you think, the truth is that you won't attend most of your lectures for various reasons. As a result, most of your learning will be independent - especially in years 1 & 2. It actually works out better this way for most people (including me), as whenever you have an issue, there are always a multitude of experts available to discuss things over with via email or in person.

First couple of years consist of a lot of lectures on campus, but this is inescapable anywhere. It is very thorough and aided by dissections, which are a great privilege to be able to take part in.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Rene LP Klay

@LargePeas @subzikid
Original post by jcrafty
Was your offer for A100 or A102? Are you a domestic/EU student or an international/non-EU applicant?

My offer was for a100, I'm a uk home student

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi @reneranger13

I have read from the GMC reports that the student satisfaction is quite low, and that the feedback for examinations, projects and clinical assessments is quite limited and often very late. How much truth is there to this statement?
Is the faculty involved with students, and do they try to create a supportive environment for them?
These are the only issues that worry me about King's College.

Thanks!
Hi guys!
I received an inteview invite yesterday and was wondering if someone could answer some of my questions.

How many stations are there? and how long is each station?
How did you prepare for this interview?

I had interviews at Exeter and York. If someone else was interviewed there, is it more relaxed or difficult?

Thank you very much and congrats to the ones that already have offers! :smile:
Reply 2018
Hi @reneranger13

I also heard that the bottom 10% get kicked off the course every year. Is this true?

Thanks
Original post by Hormonal
Really odd you got rejected with that, follow it up.

Mmmm, I've sent them a message on the portal to ask for feedback

Quick Reply

Latest