Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliee_98)
    Hmm do you think they only gave offers to the best interviews so far? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/att...hmentid=600932
    Don't know what to think of this then
    This is the email I got sent (sorry don't know how to attach screenshots)

Thank you for your interest in studying at King’s. Please accept our apologies for any delay in responding to your query; we are currently experiencing a high volume of emails. Offers for Medicine will be made solely based on interview performance. If you have any other questions about applying to King’s or about our courses, please feel free to contact us again and we’ll be happy to help. Kind regards, Aoife Admissions Assistant (Enquiries) Admissions Office Admissions & Registry Services King’s College London King’s Admissions Office 7th Floor

I got this reply 2 days ago, and they said they aren't looking at applicants holistically and offers are based solely on interviews performance so I'm not sure now

ReputationRep:
    Hmm do you think they only gave offers to the best interviews so far? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/att...hmentid=600932
    Don't know what to think of this then
    Im not sure about the screenshot but I do think the offers are for the best interviews . but of course there are still places left as people still have interviews coming up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrystalSalvatore)
    Im not sure about the screenshot but I do think the offers are for the best interviews . but of course there are still places left as people still have interviews coming up
    Wow hmm must just be interview then, they defo said holistic to me though. I think they must've changed their policy again or were never sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackrosser97)

Thank you for your interest in studying at King’s. Please accept our apologies for any delay in responding to your query; we are currently experiencing a high volume of emails. Offers for Medicine will be made solely based on interview performance. If you have any other questions about applying to King’s or about our courses, please feel free to contact us again and we’ll be happy to help. Kind regards, Aoife Admissions Assistant (Enquiries) Admissions Office Admissions & Registry Services King’s College London King’s Admissions Office 7th Floor

I got this reply 2 days ago, and they said they aren't looking at applicants holistically and offers are based solely on interviews performance so I'm not sure now
    :woo:I thought that the holistic assessments might take time and they might do them in an arbitrary order... But if offers are made solely based on interviews then I suppose that those who heard had indeed the best scores. Thanks for posting this!

ReputationRep:
    thats what the head of admissions told us at the end of our interview, but i hope it is holistic because i messed up like 3 stations
    stay positive. you still stand a chance. Good luck. I have got my interview on the 7th March and I'm freaking out. wonder whether there was any data interpretation cos that's something I'm quite good at. role plays are fine, but my drama skills are , so I have to try harder hahaha

ReputationRep:

omg really, so why are ppl posting the complete opposite and saying it is holistic. well I hope this is true this has made my day

ReputationRep:
    Our guide said it was holistic at the end of our interview. Also if you read though the thread from earlier someone sent a screenshot from an email confirming it is holistic this year. Head of admissions though? When was your interview? Sounds fishy if he said that though, as if they aren't sure.
    yh right. whatever do well in the interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    omg really, so why are ppl posting the complete opposite and saying it is holistic. well I hope this is true this has made my day
    They've been giving mixed messages tbh but I believe it's just interview.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I think they have random people emailing who aren't fully updated on what they are doing, I think the best thing is to not worry and hopefully we will get offers eventually 😁

ReputationRep:
    it would have been better if king's put this on their website to avoid confusion amongst the applicants. but oh well, at least we've got the interview woop woop

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I think they have random people emailing who aren't fully updated on what they are doing, I think the best thing is to not worry and hopefully we will get offers eventually 😁
    Why are they taking so long this year though is another question? I'm sure they already have an idea by now it's late February. Do you think they send all rejections at once?

ReputationRep:
    it depends when you heard that it was just interview and when the other person found out it was holistic. never know when they changed the policy

ReputationRep:
    I sent them an e-mail through apply last week and got told it was based on our application as a whole with our interview score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    it depends when you heard that it was just interview and when the other person found out it was holistic. never know when they changed the policy
    I think they were originally thinking to go holistic but then they probably realised it isn't sustainable to go through so many applications again like that. So they just cba'd. I reckon they would only go holistic if you are very borderline because a lot of people may end up on a borderline score for only so many offers.

ReputationRep:
    I think they were originally thinking to go holistic but then they probably realised it isn't sustainable to go through so many applications again like that. So they just cba'd. I reckon they would only go holistic if you are very borderline because a lot of people may end up on a borderline score for only so many offers.
    I think it was the other way round. My interview was in december and they were going on about how there was a spreadsheet of interview scores and those that are in the top X% would be given an offer and it was only based on interviews. But then recently in the past few weeks they started saying it was hollistic.

ReputationRep:
    More people have said that this year it's holistic. If they have been doing it previously based on just the interview, it seems illogical that people would be misinformed and saying it's holistic all of a sudden without any reason. I think those that those who have heard that it's purely based on interview probably spoke to people who may not have been updated on new changes. This new holistic stuff probably explains why kings have taken a long time compared to last year to give offers. It probably lengthens the process. (Just speculating though here, don't take my word for it or blast me if it turns out I'm wrongXD)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    I sent them an e-mail through apply last week and got told it was based on our application as a whole with our interview score.
    Yh I don't get it, rly confusing tbh. I thought that too but the other email disagrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    i find holistic better because means they are looking all of us, not just performance on interview!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    More people have said that this year it's holistic. If they have been doing it previously based on just the interview, it seems illogical that people would be misinformed and saying it's holistic all of a sudden without any reason. I think those that those who have heard that it's purely based on interview probably spoke to people who may not have been updated on new changes. This new holistic stuff probably explains why kings have taken a long time compared to last year to give offers. It probably lengthens the process. (Just speculating though here, don't take my word for it or blast me if it turns out I'm wrongXD)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh this makes sense too, exactly what I was also thinking was taking so long. Also was the above email which says it's just interview sent to general admissions? They might not be updated on the new changes, just speculating again.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! any undergrads heard back with offers from december interview? no one that i know of has been accepted/rejected from this date yet..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.