Turn on thread page Beta

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do kings want volunteering in a caring environment or is doing a lot of work experience (hospital, pharmacy, etc) ok??
    would it be a disadvantage if my PS didn't have volunteering in a caring environment??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    Do kings want volunteering in a caring environment or is doing a lot of work experience (hospital, pharmacy, etc) ok??
    would it be a disadvantage if my PS didn't have volunteering in a caring environment??
    Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oh ok! thanks!also, do you know if kings allows you to switch to the mbbs medicine course after a year of biomedical science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCW)
    Yeah a lot. I'm currently sitting on the toilet contemplating life but I have applied to both the grad and undergrad courses with KCL and I phoned their admissions team prior to applying and remember writing down that the PS counts for a lot. I can't remember which, but it was either the 4 or 5 year course where UKCAT and PS were both held at 50\50 in terms of how serious they take them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can graduates apply for the 5 year course too? I thought that was only for undergraduates o.0

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Can graduates apply for the 5 year course too? I thought that was only for undergraduates o.0

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep.

If you apply for the 4 year grad entry AND get to the interview stage but fail to receive an offer, they will automatically list you and consider you on the 5 year course at interview stage.

However, I've applied for both the 4 and 5 year routes to maximise my chances.

ReputationRep:
    Yep.

If you apply for the 4 year grad entry AND get to the interview stage but fail to receive an offer, they will automatically list you and consider you on the 5 year course at interview stage.

However, I've applied for both the 4 and 5 year routes to maximise my chances.
    Ah I see - how would selection work though? Because don't they look at A level grades for the 5 year course? (And most graduates tend to have less than AAA, the minimum requirement)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see - how would selection work though? Because don't they look at A level grades for the 5 year course? (And most graduates tend to have less than AAA, the minimum requirement)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you are a graduate, they DO NOT look at A Levels or GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    If you are a graduate, they DO NOT look at A Levels or GCSEs.
    Ohhh I see, that makes sense. By the way, what's the difference between an interview for the 5 year course and the one for the 4 year course? Just wondering tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rifdhy)
    My bad, just checked King's website and 630 was a 'competitive score' last year.
    No its 630 for 2015 entry. Last year's hasn't been released yet I don't think and in 2015, UKCAT re-scaling had caused many UKCAT heavy universities to have really really low cut-offs. For King's it really should be more than 630 to get interviewed as 630 isn't a norm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    I think it's listed as a desirable but nobody will have ticked everything on their list trust me. As long as some of them have been checked off you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    I think it's listed as a desirable but nobody will have ticked everything on their list trust me. As long as some of them have been checked off you're fine.
    oh ok!! thanks

ReputationRep:
    does kings allow you to switch to the mbbs medicine course after a year of biomedical science?

ReputationRep:
    Guys by how much are GCSEs taken into account???!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    does kings allow you to switch to the mbbs medicine course after a year of biomedical science?
    No (unless it's something new this year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hormonal)
    No (unless it's something new this year)
    oh i thought it did! because i know that queen mary does it but wasn't sure about kings! ok thanks anyays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    oh i thought it did! because i know that queen mary does it but wasn't sure about kings! ok thanks anyays
    Does queen Mary allow year 1 transfers? Omg where does it say this ? 😛😛

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressed16)
    Does queen Mary allow year 1 transfers? Omg where does it say this ? 😛😛
    they said at their open day on saturday

ReputationRep:
    I have 4A*s 5As 1C at gcse and i've achieved 3 As at A-level and an A at AS, also have 700 in my ukcat. Do you think i have a chance of getting in with my low gcses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primadonnas)
    I have 4A*s 5As 1C at gcse and i've achieved 3 As at A-level and an A at AS, also have 700 in my ukcat. Do you think i have a chance of getting in with my low gcses?
    What's the C in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's the C in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    arabic lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.