Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plutojupitermars)
    Any grad offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you a grad who had an interview for 4 or 5 year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    By competitiveness, I meant in terms of applicants per place, as quoted by this doc -

http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteColl...al-schools.pdf

As quoted by that doc ^, King's has fewer applicants per spot (4 for internationals) than the other med schools do (Barts has 22 international applicants per spot and Exeter has 18.9 international applicants per spot.)

I apologise if I came across as arrogant or rude; I should've clarified why I felt other med schools were more competitive.
    And yes, I understand that it is nearly impossible to compare UK med schools as they vary greatly and each have their own strengths and weaknesses.
    In 2015/2016 there were 666 international applicants and 37 offers given out so it's actually 18, so that site definitely has a couple of mistakes on it to say the least. Also you can see that barts give out way more interviews than actual offers for internationals on that site if it is accurate. Good luck though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasi98)
    got an offer!! interview was 3 days ago
    Are you international by any chance? and congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenvan)
    I wanna stay positive but can't help but agree with you tbh :/
    Lol I think we shud just stay positive I made it sound more dead than it is because I'm a dead ting. Those who got offers right now must've just done really well in their interviews to get an automatic offer and most of us lie in between the two ends of the spectrum. There have been a few rejections post interview so far (?); they must've been at the very bottom of interview performance. Most of us will just have to wait it out and it will probably take even longer for overall responses this year than last year considering they started so late. I find it interesting though that they gave offers so quick. Maybe they just have an interview spreadsheet will all the scores on it? It might only be holistic when choosing between candidates with very similar interview scores. Just my thoughts anyway allow it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittt)
    Are you a grad who had an interview for 4 or 5 year?
    4 year course. Didn't apply for the 5 year here. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    got an offer!! interview was 3 days ago
    Are you international? My interview was 3 days ago as well and I just received an offer today too :-)

ReputationRep:
    Any grad offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm a grad! Got an offer last month. Are you waiting to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    Are you international by any chance? and congrats!!
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    Are you international? My interview was 3 days ago as well and I just received an offer today too :-)
    Nope I'm an A100 home student really shocked to have made it this far with a ukcat of 650!

ReputationRep:
    any interview tips? freaking out :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    I'm a grad! Got an offer last month. Are you waiting to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh wow. I'm waiting to hear back from 4 year course. Did you apply for the 4 year too? My interview was 24th Jan btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iniesta)
    Just got an offer!!!!
    What's your stats ? Home student ?

ReputationRep:
    Nope I'm an A100 home student really shocked to have made it this far with a ukcat of 650!
    Hey congrats!! If you don't mind me asking what band did you get in your UKCAT? And any interview tips as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are an international? When was your interview ? What's your stats ? Undergraduate?

ReputationRep:
    What time was your interview asking as am in international too ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medic17)
    What time was your interview asking as am in international too ?
    28 feb! 10.15 am

ReputationRep:
    28 feb! 10.15 am
    Are you from India ?

ReputationRep:
    4 year course. Didn't apply for the 5 year here. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep same here. I also had my interview on 24th Jan too. There's a separate grad thread if you're interested (don't think I've seen you post in it before, but I may be mistaken? :P) https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4424452

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medic17)
    Are you from India ?
    Nope, I'm from Singapore!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!! Lucky you

ReputationRep:
    Where else have you applied?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.