Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtScience)
    Had my interview today.
    We were told that everyone will hear back by 31 March.
    Not sure about the comment regarding the age of the interviewers. Today they were mostly older, maybe one who was younger.
    So what time was yours today? Maybe I saw you too! 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't been rejected or offered an interview. Kings please let me know either way! Is anyone else in the same position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karishma behera)
    Ooh really! What time was yours maybe I saw you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3:45pm- what time was yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karishma behera)
    Ooh really! What time was yours maybe I saw you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    9am nice and early lol. Was so tired, hbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    Hey I wouldn't worry, i got na interview offer a couple days ago (but with VERY short notice) to attend. I was preparing for a rejection.. so hold tight!
    Thank you for the reply and well wishes - I certainly hope so! Good luck for your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashy99)
    Ok, I dont want anyone to hold this against me but I'm just going to say it and think what you want from it. Ive been told that the first few weeks of interviews had a different set of elder interviewers that marked the applicants harshly. Later on, they used more medical students and younger doctors to interview people and they seemed to score applicants highly... this ended up skewing the data and messing up the whole process apparently and they cant distinguish the good candidates between these two sets. Like I said, idk if this is completely accurate but it explains sooo much!! I'm sorry if Im wrong but hopefully it will make you feel a little less crap about it, the long wait doesnt mean we did very bad. Good luck with everyones application

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Had mine on the 25th January and all my interviewers were middle aged or elderly...
    Where did you hear this information from exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealLifeEducator)
    Had mine on the 25th January and all my interviewers were middle aged or elderly...
    Where did you hear this information from exactly?
    Hmmm, honestly, my mum told me after being told by her friends that work in Kings; I don't think she'd say that just to cheer me up. Maybe its not cut exactly into two groups by month but just different sets of interviews were scored differently... sorry if I've upset anyone

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, honestly, my mum told me after being told by her friends that work in Kings; I don't think she'd say that just to cheer me up. Maybe its not cut exactly into two groups by month but just different sets of interviews were scored differently... sorry if I've upset anyone

aww i don't think you have upset anyone, dw, lets just wait and see!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you've upset anyone tbh. A similar rumour is going around my year since a lot of us have had interviews at different times of the year and I do think that to a degree there's will be some truth behind this. Whether it was the fact that the interviewers were a little more harsh in December or they just didn't score is in the way that they were supposed to, I'm sure they've tried to take measures to make it even out in the wider picture of things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    aww i don't think you have upset anyone, dw, lets just wait and see!
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    I don't think you've upset anyone tbh. A similar rumour is going around my year since a lot of us have had interviews at different times of the year and I do think that to a degree there's will be some truth behind this. Whether it was the fact that the interviewers were a little more harsh in December or they just didn't score is in the way that they were supposed to, I'm sure they've tried to take measures to make it even out in the wider picture of things.
    We have till March 31st, as everyone keeps saying. It's true, its unlikely everyone was scored 100% fairly but I think they are taking a holistic approach. Hope this is good enough!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Wait your the one that said theyre taking the holistic approach, thank youu😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't upset me at all, I just wanted to know the source that's all

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I dont want anyone to hold this against me but I'm just going to say it and think what you want from it. Ive been told that the first few weeks of interviews had a different set of elder interviewers that marked the applicants harshly. Later on, they used more medical students and younger doctors to interview people and they seemed to score applicants highly... this ended up skewing the data and messing up the whole process apparently and they cant distinguish the good candidates between these two sets. Like I said, idk if this is completely accurate but it explains sooo much!! I'm sorry if Im wrong but hopefully it will make you feel a little less crap about it, the long wait doesnt mean we did very bad. Good luck with everyones application

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol peak for us.

Do we really want to go to a uni that can't organise its admissions process appropriately though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohit5148)
    Lol peak for us.

Do we really want to go to a uni that can't organise its admissions process appropriately though?
    depends :P do we hold offers elsewhere? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtScience)
    3:45pm- what time was yours?
    Oh mine was 11:30

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatawesomekid)
    9am nice and early lol. Was so tired, hbu?
    Hmm mine was 11:30 although I would have preferred 9:00 as I am more awake in the morning lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohit5148)
    Lol peak for us.

I said exactly the same thing to my mum, idk if I can afford saying i dont want them, but I'm not getting the best vibe from them...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rah. These guys are taking the piss :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mannysidmann)
    Anybody, interviewed in early January heard back with any offers/rejections yet?
    Nope...I'm still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k4224)
    Nope...I'm still waiting
    Samee

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.