International student from Canada
    Predicted
    95/95/95 chem/Bio/math
    89/89/89 Eng/Fren/history
    UKCAT 700/890/900 VR/AR/QA SJT band 2
    Exp in care setting/ coaching etc

Any advice on my chances

Thanks
    Amazing ukcat score so that should put u in a great position. I have no clue about your other qualifications though baby

ReputationRep:
    UKAT:667
    GCSES: 4A* 4A 3.5B
    Achieved A levels:AAA
    PS:Fairly decent as taking a gap year
    is it worth applying with these stats havent a clue how exactly thet select for interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoggie98)
    UKAT:667
    GCSES: 4A* 4A 3.5B
    Achieved A levels:AAA
    PS:Fairly decent as taking a gap year
    is it worth applying with these stats havent a clue how exactly thet select for interview
    What did you say about ur gap year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    Amazing ukcat score so that should put u in a great position. I have no clue about your other qualifications though baby
    They are percentages predicted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BHB2016)
    They are percentages predicted.
    Yeah no idea how good they are relative to what kings expect if you get me

ReputationRep:
    What did you say about ur gap year
    in my gap year ill be tutoring as level maths, studying modern standard arabic, volunteering in a hospice and hospital and have applied for jobs at supermarkets
    got band 1 in sjt as well

ReputationRep:
    in my gap year ill be tutoring as level maths, studying modern standard arabic, volunteering in a hospice and hospital and have applied for jobs at supermarkets
    got band 1 in sjt as well
    Bro where/how will u be studying Arabic?

ReputationRep:
    Bro where/how will u be studying Arabic?
    Just on a course man
    How do kings select for interview then??

ReputationRep:
    Just on a course man
    How do kings select for interview then??
    Yeah like which course and with who? I wanna know too.
    They use everything but primarily grades and ukcat

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like which course and with who? I wanna know too.
    They use everything but primarily grades and ukcat
    you doing a gap year like?

ReputationRep:
    you doing a gap year like?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would like some advice please

I am on a second gap year A*A*A* in Bio Chem and Maths, A at AS Further Maths (on my gap year I done A2 further maths and got an A*, i know this does not count).
    723 7A*s and 4 A's GCSE
    Work Experience at Hospital, GP Surgery, Pharmacy, Tanzanian Hospital, Care Home, I tutor GCSE Student and Coach Martial Arts

Last year I got rejected with 685 Band 3 from Kings(interview) Queen Mary(interview) SGUL(interview) Notts(no interview)

Is it worth while to reapply to kings. i'm planning to apply to Leicester and Manchester. Not sure about the 4th, Glasgow, keele, uea, exeter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mj14097)
    Hi, I would like some advice please

I am on a second gap year A*A*A* in Bio Chem and Maths, A at AS Further Maths (on my gap year I done A2 further maths and got an A*, i know this does not count).
    723 7A*s and 4 A's GCSE
    Work Experience at Hospital, GP Surgery, Pharmacy, Tanzanian Hospital, Care Home, I tutor GCSE Student and Coach Martial Arts

Last year I got rejected with 685 Band 3 from Kings(interview) Queen Mary(interview) SGUL(interview) Notts(no interview)

Is it worth while to reapply to kings. i'm planning to apply to Leicester and Manchester. Not sure about the 4th, Glasgow, keele, uea, exeter?
    Did you get 3A*s at first attempt? and are they the only thing that contributed to your ucas tariff. I'd say apply to queens mary if you still can because four A* tariff is quite good.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get 3A*s at first attempt? and are they the only thing that contributed to your ucas tariff. I'd say apply to queens mary if you still can because four A* tariff is quite good.
    I got 3A*s first attempt, and A at AS, withing two years. Then on my gap year (3rd Year) I done an A2, got an A*. All unis say further maths as an a-level does not count, only at as-level. my fourth a-level doesn't really count i did it separately on my own during my gap year.

ReputationRep:
    I got 3A*s first attempt, and A at AS, withing two years. Then on my gap year (3rd Year) I done an A2, got an A*. All unis say further maths as an a-level does not count, only at as-level. my fourth a-level doesn't really count i did it separately on my own during my gap year.
    wow that's mad how u didn't get an offer

ReputationRep:
    wow that's mad how u didn't get an offer
    Performance at interview is what gets you the offer I think. A level grades/UKCAT mainly used to shortlist applicants for interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Performance at interview is what gets you the offer I think. A level grades/UKCAT mainly used to shortlist applicants for interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah of course i know that.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Give us a shout if you'd like more information about UEA. We're a Top 15 university (Guardian, 2017) and consistently ranked Top 5 for satisfaction (National Student Survey). We'd love to talk more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of East Anglia)
    Give us a shout if you'd like more information about UEA. We're a Top 15 university (Guardian, 2017) and consistently ranked Top 5 for satisfaction (National Student Survey). We'd love to talk more

Lmao this is like McDonald's handing out flyers in Nandos

ReputationRep:
    Lmao is is like McDonald's handing out flyers in Nandos
    Hahahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.