Turn on thread page Beta

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    this wait is almost like saying people who sat an exam on the same day as you can find out their result way way before you. it is unfair, but they did say by 31st March, so I can't complain really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtScience)
    Has anyone got offer/been rejected after interview after 7th March?
    Thanks

No, I still haven't heard back from them.. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtScience)
    Has anyone got offer/been rejected after interview after 7th March?
    Thanks
    (Original post by marco.branco)
    No, I still haven't heard back from them.. Fingers crossed!
    Good luck!! But its literally only been 10 days😭😭 hopefully well hear soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys I had my interview on the 13th December and was wondering if anyone else is in the same position with regards to waiting for about 4 months now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biomed146)
    Hey Guys I had my interview on the 13th December and was wondering if anyone else is in the same position with regards to waiting for about 4 months now?
    Same, I'm from the 6th December.

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting since the 6th December as well

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on the 7th of December and still haven't heard anything x

ReputationRep:
    I had mine on the same day as you and havent heard back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how many offers do u reckon king's has given out so far? they said they interview 1000 out of well over 4000 applications. and give offers to 450. so many people seem to have got offers on this thread and I am so nervous

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this, neurosurgeon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had mine on 7 December, still waiting, i have offers from UCL and Bart's, UCL is my first choice and kings is second choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    how many offers do u reckon king's has given out so far? they said they interview 1000 out of well over 4000 applications. and give offers to 450. so many people seem to have got offers on this thread and I am so nervous
    They interview around 950 each year for about 550-600 offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    They interview around 950 each year for about 550-600 offers.
    ah right. how do you know, because the admission tutor said 450 offers and 1000 interviewed. oh well, I hope what you say is true haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    ah right. how do you know, because the admission tutor said 450 offers and 1000 interviewed. oh well, I hope what you say is true haha
    You can see all the interview stats breakdown on their freedom of information articles they release which comes directly from their admissions database.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...20Response.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    You can see all the interview stats breakdown on their freedom of information articles they release which comes directly from their admissions database.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...20Response.pdf
    thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    My interview is on Wednesday so has anyone got any tips? An offer from Kings would be the best since i've already got two rejections now and I can't talk anymore so can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bee264)
    My interview is on Wednesday so has anyone got any tips? An offer from Kings would be the best since i've already got two rejections now and I can't talk anymore so can anyone help?
    Firstly, sorry that you've had two rejections. It's always hard putting so much effort into something without reaping much of the benefits. Try and put it behind you, it's a real achievement to get an interview and it's also a completely new opportunity to prove yourself.

My main piece of advice woul be to try and go into your interview feeling confident. If you're nervous you'll be less able to talk and put your ideas out there for the interviewers to see what you're like. Also, try and be a bit different and personalise your responses to the questions as it will make you stand out.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but this forum has already had a bit of a 'debate' about the King's non-disclosure agreement and what people are allowed to say.

Hope that helps at least a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMarles)
    Firstly, sorry that you've had two rejections. It's always hard putting so much effort into something without reaping much of the benefits. Try and put it behind you, it's a real achievement to get an interview and it's also a completely new opportunity to prove yourself.

My main piece of advice woul be to try and go into your interview feeling confident. If you're nervous you'll be less able to talk and put your ideas out there for the interviewers to see what you're like. Also, try and be a bit different and personalise your responses to the questions as it will make you stand out.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but this forum has already had a bit of a 'debate' about the King's non-disclosure agreement and what people are allowed to say.

Hope that helps at least a little
    Thank you so much! I'm hoping that I stay confident because I thought those interviews went so well but evidently didn't. And what do you mean by 'personalise your response'? Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but great advice!

ReputationRep:
    have rejections been given out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bee264)
    Thank you so much! I'm hoping that I stay confident because I thought those interviews went so well but evidently didn't. And what do you mean by 'personalise your response'? Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but great advice!
    In your response to a question use examples from work experience or extra curricular activities and explain how it has helped you grow etc. in terms of the question asked i.e. empathy or team work

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.