Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    From previous years, they've always given out offers to the top 10% of interview scores very quickly. Most people in the middle end up waiting until mid march until the cut-off is made and then there is a mass rejection day. I'm assuming that the scores may be currently too sporadic for them to be completely confident in where the cut-off is so they're now waiting for all the interviews to be finished before giving out the rest of the decisions.
    Do you know how many interviews/offers there are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    From previous years, they've always given out offers to the top 10% of interview scores very quickly. Most people in the middle end up waiting until mid march until the cut-off is made and then there is a mass rejection day. I'm assuming that the scores may be currently too sporadic for them to be completely confident in where the cut-off is so they're now waiting for all the interviews to be finished before giving out the rest of the decisions.
    Ah ok thanks! Do you think there are many offers to be given out or will the vast majority be rejections?

ReputationRep:
    But we also have to think about the fact that Kings might actually be taking a completely holistic approach so even if they set a cut off for the interview score they still have to compare our personal statements and grades and predicted grades and UKCAt

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karishma behera)
    But we also have to think about the fact that Kings might actually be taking a completely holistic approach so even if they set a cut off for the interview score they still have to compare our personal statements and grades and predicted grades and UKCAt

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure in my interview they said offers are given solely based on interview score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    I'm sure in my interview they said offers are given solely based on interview score.
    When was yours? Mine was end of January and they said holistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plutojupitermars)
    When was yours? Mine was end of January and they said holistic.
    March ... I was told all our scores are put in a system and the top ones get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit weird that we are all being told different things? I remember we were definitely told that it was holistic. I also had my interview in Jan.

ReputationRep:
    March ... I was told all our scores are put in a system and the top ones get an offer.
    Maybe the system also has your academic and personal scores on board already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plutojupitermars)
    Maybe the system also has your academic and personal scores on board already.
    Yeh it's possible ? I didint think they scored those though? I hope it's holistic TBH haha ... seeing as my interview wasn't great

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly what I got told.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview in March and was told 2 separate things. The admissions tutor pre-interview told us that they'd only use the interview from now on, whereas afterwards at the de-brief another guy told us they'd look at our application too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HassanMirza)
    This is exactly what I got told.
    Yeh ... confusing stuff eh ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imogenr)
    I had my interview in March and was told 2 separate things. The admissions tutor pre-interview told us that they'd only use the interview from now on, whereas afterwards at the de-brief another guy told us they'd look at our application too!
    The inconsistency isn't great haha

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get a rejection post interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    Did anyone get a rejection post interview?
    I don't think any one has ..

ReputationRep:
    Omg I just checked my portal and I got an offer!!!!😍😍😍😭😭
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.