Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Lostperson;70721546]
    (Original post by 11...)

yeh I'm sure they're doing a mass rejection tomo or friday.
    aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. has anyone from the december slot heard back yet? Because u guys have been waiting for so long

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=lalaland808;70721600]
    (Original post by 11...)

22nd of March
    how did you find the interview? I thought it was a bit terrible, in comparison to tmy other interviews

ReputationRep:
    How many were interviewed for the amount of offers?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=11...;70721644]
    (Original post by lalaland808)

how did you find the interview? I thought it was a bit terrible, in comparison to tmy other interviews
    Not sure, I could not tell with KCL

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Lostperson;70721546]
    (Original post by 11...)

yeh I'm sure they're doing a mass rejection tomo or friday.
    need to prepare myself to hear either way, most likely a rejection at this point. noooooooooo that's all to my King's dreams.
    It is so unfair, because I really like King's and it is unfair that some people who get offers won't even consider going to kcl whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=11...;70721754]
    (Original post by Lostperson)

need to prepare myself to hear either way, most likely a rejection at this point. noooooooooo that's all to my King's dreams.
    It is so unfair, because I really like King's and it is unfair that some people who get offers won't even consider going to kcl whatsoever.
    I'm hoping for the best as my interview was late, but still stressed out. Do you have any other offers?

ReputationRep:
    How many were interviewed for the amount of offers?
    1:3 ratio is the offer:interview

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=lalaland808;70721782]
    (Original post by 11...)

I'm hoping for the best as my interview was late, but still stressed out. Do you have any other offers?
    yes UEA, but I would like to go to KCL very much. so a rejection would disappoint so much.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=11...;70721840]
    yes UEA, but I would like to go to KCL very much. so a rejection would disappoint so much.
    At least you have an offer, this is my last chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    1:3 ratio is the offer:interview
    It's more like 1.5:1 (as mentioned several times before.

In general:
    It's understandable that you're worried (heck, Im terrified!) but over-analysing the situation is not going to help at all. If rejections have not gone out, they will not have even made their cut-off yet. Generally speaking, MMIs will move a threshold down the ranking bit by bit when it becomes evident that everyone above this limit will make the final cut as more scores are added. When interviews have finished, the definite threshold is made and a huge flurry of rejections and offers will come through. I'm just spitballing but I'd say a good 150ish offers are still to be given out. It just appears like there are few left as we've had several batches of offers sent out only over the past few weeks. Had they started much earlier like last year, they probably would appear more scarce. It's out of our control now, and even people who just miss this threshold end up getting placed on a waiting list.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=lalaland808;70721868]
    (Original post by 11...)

At least you have an offer, this is my last chance
    where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    I've been given an offer on the grad entry course - if they give me an offer for the 5 year also I'll obviously be rejecting that. Good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hormonal)
    I've been given an offer on the grad entry course - if they give me an offer for the 5 year also I'll obviously be rejecting that. Good luck guys!
    Huge congrats! When was your 5 year course interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    It's more like 1.5:1 (as mentioned several times before.

In general:
    It's understandable that you're worried (heck, Im terrified!) but over-analysing the situation is not going to help at all. If rejections have not gone out, they will not have even made their cut-off yet. Generally speaking, MMIs will move a threshold down the ranking bit by bit when it becomes evident that everyone above this limit will make the final cut as more scores are added. When interviews have finished, the definite threshold is made and a huge flurry of rejections and offers will come through. I'm just spitballing but I'd say a good 150ish offers are still to be given out. It just appears like there are few left as we've had several batches of offers sent out only over the past few weeks. Had they started much earlier like last year, they probably would appear more scarce. It's out of our control now, and even people who just miss this threshold end up getting placed on a waiting list.
    ok thank you for reassuring us. have you got any other offers? is kcl your favourite? also I remember you saying some people got post-interview rejections - how did youu know, because I haven't heard that

ReputationRep:
    Huge congrats! When was your 5 year course interview?
    Thanks! 12th of Jan for my 5 year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    ok thank you for reassuring us. have you got any other offers? is kcl your favourite? also I remember you saying some people got post-interview rejections - how did youu know, because I haven't heard that
    One of my friends in February did. But I believe it was due to something unrelated to the interview. I've got one at Sheffield and a deferred offer at UCL. King's would be my firm as I really don't want to have a gap year hahah. UCL was initially neck and neck but the deferred offer put me off a little bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hormonal)
    Thanks! 12th of Jan for my 5 year
    Someone at least remotely close to my interview date 😂 Feel like the sole member of the December waiting group!

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends in February did. But I believe it was due to something unrelated to the interview. I've got one at Sheffield and a deferred offer at UCL. King's would be my firm as I really don't want to have a gap year hahah. UCL was initially neck and neck but the deferred offer put me off a little bit!
    well done on your offers!!!!! I know it is really sad that we still haven't heard back yet from king's. but hopefully today. the past week has been quite repetitive for me ( days go by and no offer yet.

ReputationRep:
    Someone at least remotely close to my interview date 😂 Feel like the sole member of the December waiting group!
    I am sure you're not the only one. there are a couple who are on the same boat as you, so don't worry too much. but I understand that it would be disappointing to have waited 3 months and get a rejection. - but let's hope that doesn't happen

ReputationRep:
    on a side note, it is Easter soon!!!! so chill out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.