The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lou-natic
your ukcat was so good! how did u find the interview? and did you get your fifth option tho? :smile:

I'm a graduate, so I don't have a fifth option really. I found the interview really intimidating in all honesty. I prepared badly as it was right before my exams (literally the day before) and I had my dissertation lab work to do as well. I felt like I made the mistake of not preparing as well for the interview as I should have. I could have done much, much better in retrospect.

But it isn't all too bad, I still have my job as a HCA at Macclesfield Gen. and I applied to a masters abroad at the University of British Columbia to study Pathology and that seems to be going quite well, I think. I just I hope I get that at least...

I think the biggest mistake I made was applying to four competitive schools though, I won't do that next time...

Anyway, congratulations to everyone who got an offer. I hope to join you maybe in a year or two.
Original post by KRM100
I have no idea...I can't even find a price list on their website??

sorry, i meant for accepting the offer on track- apparently we have a a deposit to pay?

do you know what the max maintenance loan we are eligible for?
Original post by KRM100
Really sorry to hear that, I know exactly how you must feel as I've applied for several years and each time I got all 4 rejections but now I'm sitting here with an offer after so much disappointment, so don't give up! if its your dream you will get there

Thank you KRM, you give me so much hope!

And Congratulations, you really deserve this then :smile: I hope you ace them OCSEs and all that other stuff!
Original post by lou-natic
the overall interview wasn't too bad, (at least i don't think it was!) but i did fluff up one of the questions. so i won't be shocked if i get a rejection...but i'm hoping not cause i really liked the uni!

One badly answered question won't get you rejected I believe :wink: Let me know when you'll get the answer :smile:
Original post by mannysidmann
I'm a graduate, so I don't have a fifth option really. I found the interview really intimidating in all honesty. I prepared badly as it was right before my exams (literally the day before) and I had my dissertation lab work to do as well. I felt like I made the mistake of not preparing as well for the interview as I should have. I could have done much, much better in retrospect.

But it isn't all too bad, I still have my job as a HCA at Macclesfield Gen. and I applied to a masters abroad at the University of British Columbia to study Pathology and that seems to be going quite well, I think. I just I hope I get that at least...

I think the biggest mistake I made was applying to four competitive schools though, I won't do that next time...

Anyway, congratulations to everyone who got an offer. I hope to join you maybe in a year or two.

But the things is, they still deemed you good enough for an interview so I'm certain you'll get one again next year! When you get the feedback from them just dissect it and see where you can work on. King's was my first interview this year and I did a pretty bad job of it too haha. But I got it together at UCL and Sheffield and ended up with offers from both. I think the first time round applying for medicine is always going to be a smooth ride or a learning curve and unfortunately luck does dictate that a bit (like you having an exam just before the interview). Once that's all over you can then just focus your time and energy on your application and it'll all work out in the end!
Reply 3185
Original post by Lostperson
sorry, i meant for accepting the offer on track- apparently we have a a deposit to pay?

do you know what the max maintenance loan we are eligible for?

Oh, oops! I'm not sure about the deposit, maybe that will be in an email they send out after we firm? Not sure about the max maintenance loan either, tbh I was expecting another round of rejections so not looked into it much!

i feel u, i had exams before and after my interview...and yeah same i literally applied to the most competitive schools in london. best of luck in the future! :smile:
Original post by KRM100
Oh, oops! I'm not sure about the deposit, maybe that will be in an email they send out after we firm? Not sure about the max maintenance loan either, tbh I was expecting another round of rejections so not looked into it much!

Me too, it was my last hope. if i find anything that helps financial wise ill let you know :smile:
Original post by domi98
One badly answered question won't get you rejected I believe :wink: Let me know when you'll get the answer :smile:

oh god... i sure hope you're right!! :frown: would be really sad if i got 4 rejections hahaha and yep will do! should hear before the end of april (which..is a while)
Anyone else hasn't gotten a reply from King's yet...? I'm wondering if they forgot about me ;_;

Quick question, did you apply for medicine in your last year of your degree then?
Original post by hardcorebubbles
Anyone else hasn't gotten a reply from King's yet...? I'm wondering if they forgot about me ;_;

Me - wondering what's going on, it seems like they took a break from sending rejections. Hopefully they'll get back to us within a couple of hours!
Original post by StationToStation
Me - wondering what's going on, it seems like they took a break from sending rejections. Hopefully they'll get back to us within a couple of hours!

Same here.. still no reply

No reply here either - interview was 10th of March - happy we'll hear back today though
Reply 3194
Rejected 14:18 :frown: absolutely gutted, well done to those with offers
OMG OFFER!!! EEEEEEKKKKK!!

I'm a London applicant and I had my interview on 10 March 2017.

When do we get invited to the open day?
Reply 3196
does anyone know how the waiting list works? will they let us know along with the rejection if we are in the waiting list?
Original post by Booboo KCL
OMG OFFER!!! EEEEEEKKKKK!!

I'm a London applicant and I had my interview on 10 March 2017.

When do we get invited to the open day?

Congrats!!! What time did you get it? Like, now or a few hours ago?
Congrats!!! What time did you get it? Like, now or a few hours ago?

Literally just now! Was notified on Track. I just can't believe it! I was shaking logging in to track and cried when I saw it :'(

Good luck!!
Original post by Booboo KCL
Literally just now! Was notified on Track. I just can't believe it! I was shaking logging in to track and cried when I saw it :'(

Good luck!!

That's awesome - apparently there's hope for the rest of us! So happy for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending