Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samyak!)
    yes yes offer!!
    Congratulations. I hope to see you at King's in September.

ReputationRep:
    is it just me or has ucas track still not updated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sububzi)
    why is student satisfaction at kings so low?? is the new curriculum addressing these issues because if it's not then I probs will reject kings. Any current kings medics (part of 2020 curriculum) agree/understand this low satisfaction rate?
    I am keen to find out too. Any comments from students there would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Finally the wait is over, after 7 months an offer at last !
    Thank you KCl
    The ucas page still hasn't updated

ReputationRep:
    Offer!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, for medicine applications do you need A's in GCSE even though you got A's and A*s in A level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afghan-superman)
    Hi, for medicine applications do you need A's in GCSE even though you got A's and A*s in A level?
    Not for all universities, but King's is quite GCSE heavy so you'd probably stand no chance there unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    offer!! two days ago but forgot to post :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Not for all universities, but King's is quite GCSE heavy so you'd probably stand no chance there unfortunately.
    Would I have a fair chance at other unis? Should I worth the risk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afghan-superman)
    Would I have a fair chance at other unis? Should I worth the risk?
    Yeah. You need to look at unis that aren't heavy on GCSEs like Newcastle (UKCAT heavy), Imperial and BSMS (BMAT heavy), Bristol (ps heavy), Exeter (a2 heavy) and Aberdeen, Dundee and UCL (holistic). I wouldn't bother applying to King's unless you get a brilliant UKCAT though. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Yeah. You need to look at unis that aren't heavy on GCSEs like Newcastle (UKCAT heavy), Imperial and BSMS (BMAT heavy), Bristol (ps heavy), Exeter (a2 heavy) and Aberdeen, Dundee and UCL (holistic). I wouldn't bother applying to King's unless you get a brilliant UKCAT though. Good luck!
    OK thanks so much for your help. Gained my confidence lol

ReputationRep:
    =afghan-superman;71374044]Hi, for medicine applications do you need A's in GCSE even though you got A's and A*s in A level?
    I got an offer and I have 2 A* 8 As GCSE so don't listen to anyone saying you need loads of A*s, but you would need As minimum

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything in regards to health checks or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    Has anyone heard anything in regards to health checks or anything?
    No not yet, I was going to send them a message if I didn't get it by today (31 May).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imogenr)
    No not yet, I was going to send them a message if I didn't get it by today (31 May).
    Yeah thats a good idea. let us know if you get a reply

ReputationRep:
    hi
    at gcses i got 5A*s 6A's and 3B's however, i got the b's in physics and use of maths (got an A in actual real mathematics) then another B in art. does that matter that the Bs are in one of the sciences and use of maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jollyjules1320)
    hi
    at gcses i got 5A*s 6A's and 3B's however, i got the b's in physics and use of maths (got an A in actual real mathematics) then another B in art. does that matter that the Bs are in one of the sciences and use of maths?
    A little bit yes but if you ace your UKCAT and AS levels and have good A2 predictions they might overshadow the GCSE b's

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karishma behera)
    A little bit yes but if you ace your UKCAT and AS levels and have good A2 predictions they might overshadow the GCSE b's

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do they look at AS levels or just A level predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jollyjules1320)
    do they look at AS levels or just A level predictions?
    The As and UKCAT are very important but the A2 prediction you have only to have A in chem and bio and A in another A2 plus a C in any other AS. The interview is the most crucial part in the process. Sometimes if you are international and take the AS with the A2 at the same time then the predictions will be on the whole A level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmad Osama)
    The As and UKCAT are very important but the A2 prediction you have only to have A in chem and bio and A in another A2 plus a C in any other AS. The interview is the most crucial part in the process. Sometimes if you are international and take the AS with the A2 at the same time then the predictions will be on the whole A level.
    so say if i get 2 A's and 2 B's in AS's this year but next year i get predicted 2 A's and an A* and a good UKCAT score I'm likely to get an interview as AS's no longer count towards A levels?
    thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.