Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AD1505)
    hi i just practiced questions and tests on medify and kaplan. i did around 3-4hours a day split into half an hour and 1 hour slots along with a mock every two days closer to the exam. in the actual test i found that timing really stumped me on the VR section as that was the first, so that was my worst section at 590. however i was doing worst at QR at home but that was my highest section at 890. for QR i would suggest just flagging questions that look like they require complex calculations and just guess an answer. medify was very similar in question style and the kaplan mock tests were very similar too. good luck!
    Thankyou! how long before your test did you do 3-4 hour revision? did you ever complete all teh qques on QR when practisitng and did you perform better in your mocks or in the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mygcserevision)
    Thankyou but thats not fair ecause i do meet the criteria and havebeen at a state school all my lifeand feel i need to support btu can they actually reject you because of this? what if you havent applied fo rht e other course and they reject you from the emdp course? i think im predicted high but i dont think im going to get the A*AA kings want hence why i want to apply the EMPD so it can be my insurance or my firm. also i know my ukcat is oging to be bad- Whats the lowest UKCAT score youve heard going into the normal course and the emdp course?
    I'm not completely sure if they can reject for being "how too good" for the EMDP. I know people who applied to both programmes and got interview with the EMDP. It's funny how they've increased the requirements to A*AA when in was AAA last year. Email admission tutors to get more info. Regarding UKCAT scores I know a person with 620ish that got an interview for the EMDP. For the 5 year programme as I said I got 660, I met few people at the interview with 650/655. So I would say 650+ for the normal course. King's take in count other factors such as PS and reference as well. Prepare well for the UKCAT and after you know the score you can decide what to do. Good Luck with the UKCAT and with the rest of your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparks94)
    Hello guys,

I have an unconditional on the 5 year course for Medicine at Kings - Does anyone know how to enrol or when enrolment begins? I've used the portal messaging system but not had a reply and I've tried the admissions office today on the phone several times with no answer.

Thanks in advance,

Ralph
    hey doing dentistry at kings is literally my dream!! unfortunately i did not do so well on my ukcat and got an average of 627 band 2. I have 10A*s at gcse and predicted 41 in the IB? do you think these will compensate enough to land me an interview at kings or am i wasting my time? i am also applying to birmingham and bristol because i know they arent too ukcat heavy. i know that kings and barts are so do you think i have a chance at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Yeah, in fact I'll start studying there in September! I also got an offer from Exeter. Oxford rejected me post-interview and Edinburgh rejected me because of this ridiculous grade scoring thing.

Good luck with your UKCAT! Make sure you prep for the SJT - it comes as a surprise for a lot of people how important it is at many unis, including King's.
    hey doing dentistry at kings is literally my dream!! unfortunately i did not do so well on my ukcat and got an average of 627 band 2. I have 10A*s at gcse and predicted 41 in the IB? do you think these will compensate enough to land me an interview at kings or am i wasting my time? i am also applying to birmingham and bristol because i know they arent too ukcat heavy. i know that kings and barts are so do you think i have a chance at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    Admission tutors recommend that you apply for the 5-year programme if you meet the entry requirements. So if you have 3A*s predicted and a good UKCAT I'd suggest to apply for the normal course, not the EMDP because there are people who apply to that programme because of their lower predicted grades.
    I initially wanted to apply for the EMDP because my UKCAT wasn't great (I got 660 average), but I took the risk and applied to the 5-year programme and I ended up with an offer. King's looks at everything holistically so you don't necessarily need a 700+ UKCAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faiza282)
    Congratulations. I hope to see you at King's in September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 804804)
    Hello! Congrats on your great stats. Your UKCAT is alright, I guess it's still above average. King's say they look at your application holistically so if you have high predticted grades, strong PS that could compensate for the UKCAT.
    Barts does 50:50 with ucas tariff points and UKCAT, so as you have quite high predictions there is a good shot. Also Kings' requirements are A*AA and Barts' AAA, so take in count that as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    Hello! Congrats on your great stats. Your UKCAT is alright, I guess it's still above average. King's say they look at your application holistically so if you have high predticted grades, strong PS that could compensate for the UKCAT.
    Barts does 50:50 with ucas tariff points and UKCAT, so as you have quite high predictions there is a good shot. Also Kings' requirements are A*AA and Barts' AAA, so take in count that as well.
    thanks so much for the reply that means so much!! im quite confused as to how ucas tariff works so do your predictions give youa certain amount of points? and for kings they say most of their applicants have 650 or more so thats why im worried because applying to both of them means that i have 2 risky choices on my form
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackrosser97)
    Out of interest what are the reasons you all chose Kings Medical School? For me it was honestly location
    to cut dead bodies
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 804804)
    thanks so much for the reply that means so much!! im quite confused as to how ucas tariff works so do your predictions give youa certain amount of points? and for kings they say most of their applicants have 650 or more so thats why im worried because applying to both of them means that i have 2 risky choices on my form
    I would say go for one of them, don't apply to both as they may be quite risky.
    You can calculate tariff points here: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator
    I got an offer from both with UKCAT 660, but I had high predicted grades and did 5AS subjects and 4A2s. Maybe email the admission team or go to open days if there are any during this month.

ReputationRep:
    I've been predicted to get 2A* and A for a-levels. My Ukcat score is 700+. I'm also a mentor in my school, do a lot of extra curricular activities after school, play piano and speak 3 different languages. However my gcse grades are horrible because of my previous school.
    Is there any chance i can get into king's med school?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, if there are graduate applicants who are starting medicine at kings this September or had an offer made for kings for graduate entry medicine, is it possible to know what A level grades you had and what UKCAT score you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShenelW)
    Hi,
    I'm really conflicted as to whether to apply to King's. I would really love to apply but I'm not sure if my UKCAT is good enough.
    Ukcat score: 690 average (7th decile according to interrim scores)
    SJT: Band 1
    GCSEs 9A* 1A
    AS 4As
    Is it likely that I will be rejected given my UKCAT score?
    Hi, I am planning to apply to Kings with almost same stats as yours . Would like to know if you made it to Kings

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I'm an international student (from Canada), my UKCAT is 722.5 Band 1, 2:1 degree in Biomedical Science (3.6-3.7 GPA) and my highschool marks are an average of 94%! Should I apply to the 5 year or 4 year entry program and do I have a chance with these stats? Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    no, kcl does not have a special focus on mental health more than other unis

ReputationRep:
    Exeter is fantastic!

I used the ISC 1000Q book (v useful although harder than the real thing), the Medic Portal question bank (super annoying layout and too easy questions. Knowing what I know now I'd buy Medify instead) and the stuff on the official UKCAT website.

Tbh I don't have many tips on SJT prep as I always got way higher scores than the cut-offs for Band 1 in my mocks so I didn't really bother preparing. Maybe try to understand the principles most of the stuff depends on and go from there - the patient is your priority and you should be open and honest and act with integrity etc etc.

Band 2 is good. Band 3 would mean trouble, but band 2 is more than good enough at the vast majority of unis.
    Hii again,
    So basically I got an interview call from Kings, but the interview date is like in the middle of half-term in February, and I will be back home. I have submitted a reschedule request, but they say that they can't guarantee it. Hopefully they will reschedule? When did you have your interview last year?? I am so scared now because I really want to get into King's((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubbb)
    Hii again,
    So basically I got an interview call from Kings, but the interview date is like in the middle of half-term in February, and I will be back home. I have submitted a reschedule request, but they say that they can't guarantee it. Hopefully they will reschedule? When did you have your interview last year?? I am so scared now because I really want to get into King's((
    Congrats! Hopefully they will but if they don't you need to be prepared to just make sacrifices to get to the interview - I flew to London from another country just for my King's interview! I had mine at the end of January.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Hopefully they will but if they don't you need to be prepared to just make sacrifices to get to the interview - I flew to London from another country just for my King's interview! I had mine at the end of January.
    Okayy thanks, wowww, I guess they should have more accommodations for international students. Anyway, I might have to cancel my flight then if they don't reschedule..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubbb)
    Okayy thanks, wowww, I guess they should have more accommodations for international students. Anyway, I might have to cancel my flight then if they don't reschedule..
    Yeah... I understand it sucks to have to do that just for an hour-long interview but try to remember what's at stake - 5/6 years at the uni leading to a lifelong career! Let's hope they agree to reschedule though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicalJunkie)
    I haven't seen a thread so I thought I should start one☺️
    I got 3A* 5A 3B at GCSEs but been predicted 2A* and 2A for A level and and A for my EPQ. Do you guys think Ive got any chance?
    hey did you get into king's? i got 1A* 9As and 2Bs do you think I have a chance?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.