Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    That's an extremely impressive profile. However, it looks like you're an international student - Oxford medicine for internationals is absurdly competitive and believe it or not you will probably need a great BMAT score in order to be competitive even with 3 publications pre-university (!?).

You've got 4 choices so if you want to put Oxford down you can, but just make sure you prepare well for the BMAT and interviews.
    Hi, yes I'm an international student. Thankyou for the reality check on Oxfords competitive admission criteria. I know I have one in a millionth of a chance at getting into Oxford but I've dreamt of studying there my entire life and now I'm willing to do everything I can that'd make me stand out (Hence the publications).
    Is there anything else I should do specifically to further polish my profile?
    P.s I'm currently part of 2 more researches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmmarAliJaved)
    Hi, yes I'm an international student. Thankyou for the reality check on Oxfords competitive admission criteria. I know I have one in a millionth of a chance at getting into Oxford but I've dreamt of studying there my entire life and now I'm willing to do everything I can that'd make me stand out (Hence the publications).
    Is there anything else I should do specifically to further polish my profile?
    P.s I'm currently part of 2 more researches.
    Hiya! Just read your info and I am really impressed! Your application seems to be very competitive indeed... I am a hopeful uk applicant and am considering oxford but don't sound anywhere as good as you! would you mind saying how you are undergoing these researches/getting your work published

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmmarAliJaved)
    Hey, Thankyou so much for the detailed feedback. I really appreciate it. Thanks for the insight on the BMAT, I'll be sure to study really well for it. Is there anything else you'd recommend I do? To make my chances of getting accepted even stronger?
    Which publications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I curious graduate here. How does Kings A100 course select for graduate? Degree and UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    Hey i might apply this year
    GCSE: 5A* 3A 1B 1C(TECH)
    UKCAT:740 AVG

i know i have weak gcse's for kings but would my ukcat be enough to compensate, do you think i have a good chance for an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicapplicant)
    Hey i might apply this year
    GCSE: 5A* 3A 1B 1C(TECH)
    UKCAT:740 AVG

i know i have weak gcse's for kings but would my ukcat be enough to compensate, do you think i have a good chance for an interview?
    Definitely, as long as you're predicted decent A-levels! Congratulations on that excellent UKCAT score.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to apply here.

GCSEs: I have 8A*s, 1A, 3Bs
    Not done UKCAT yet.

So this should be ok right?? Sorry if it's a dmb or annoying question.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm probably applying to King's this fall I'm not british so haven't done any GCSEs but my UKCAT is 753 and my achieved A level equivalents exceed the requierements easily.

I was wondering if there are any King's students reading this - from some promotional youtube video I got the idea that King's is maybe more focused on mental health than other unis (which would be fabulous imo). Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    I've got an unconditional offer for the graduate-entry course, so I don't think my stats would be indicatively useful for you!

But KCL tend to have a high cutoff year on year for the A100 course, so aim for 700+ in the UKCAT
    Hey I'm applying for both graduate and undergraduate entry. Any chance you'd share your UKCAT score - just so I can get a gauge of where I stand (if not that's totally cool!).

Just wrote my UKCAT today and got:
    VR: 740
    QR: 790
    AR: 730
    SJT: Band 1

I'm an international student as well so don't have GCSEs but grades are good besides. I'm just pretty nervous bc the quota for my cohort is significantly lower so I figure I need to score over their typical minimum to get an interview 🙃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really want to apply to Kings but not sure if my profile is good enough (particularly my UKCAT):
    12 A*s GCSEs
    4As AS (hopefully A*A*A predictions)
    lots of volunteering, sports, DofE, work experience and a small research project with Cambridge University- won a few prizes doing this.
    UKCAT: 630, 720, 730 band 2 so av. 693

Also, if anyone has any ideas as to places that might see my application as a very strong one, any advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I initially never thought of applying to Kings because GCSEs but my UKCAT turned out to be okay. I got 7As 3Bs and UKCAT 793. I know it's a longshot but is there any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicineee)
    I really want to apply to Kings but not sure if my profile is good enough (particularly my UKCAT):
    12 A*s GCSEs
    4As AS (hopefully A*A*A predictions)
    lots of volunteering, sports, DofE, work experience and a small research project with Cambridge University- won a few prizes doing this.
    UKCAT: 630, 720, 730 band 2 so av. 693

Also, if anyone has any ideas as to places that might see my application as a very strong one, any advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks
    That's great for Kings! The UKCAT is weak but 12A*s more than compensates for it (they get compared with each other so a stronger performance will outweigh a lower UKCAT score). You should get an interview quite easily!

ReputationRep:
    What's up considering applying to kings if I get 700+ UKCAT, got 10A*/3A GCSE and 5A's at AS. You guys been to an open day? The guys campus was so pretty

ReputationRep:
    To all those people with a ukcat lower than 700, I got into King's undergrad (I start in September) with a ukcat of 688, so it can be done if the rest of your application is strong. My advice is to call admission departments so you know exactly how they rank applicants. Just wanted to say as I nearly didn't apply because after reading last year's thread (everyone said you needed 700+) I thought my score would rule me out. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone knows - does King's look at AS grades because of the new syllabus?? thanks ! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    I've got an unconditional offer for the graduate-entry course, so I don't think my stats would be indicatively useful for you!

But KCL tend to have a high cutoff year on year for the A100 course, so aim for 700+ in the UKCAT
    Hi !

I'm interested !
    i'm going to apply for the graduate-entry course so i'd like to know if you don't mind

ReputationRep:
    Hey !

For those who are not from UK , where do you come from ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    I am applying for the graduate entry course for 2017 entry and was considering KCL if I get a good UKCAT. If you can tell me what you got last year, it would be helpful in deciding.
    Sitting my UKCAT on the 27th of September btw. So scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plutojupitermars)
    I am applying for the graduate entry course for 2017 entry and was considering KCL if I get a good UKCAT. If you can tell me what you got last year, it would be helpful in deciding.
    Sitting my UKCAT on the 27th of September btw. So scared
    Hey, I got an average of 825 across all 4 sections, with Band 1 in the SJ. However, most graduate-entry applicants with scores upwards of about 715 got an interview, I believe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    Hey, I got an average of 825 across all 4 sections, with Band 1 in the SJ. However, most graduate-entry applicants with scores upwards of about 715 got an interview, I believe!
    Shiteee that's amazing!!! Awesome, thank you for the info

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.