Turn on thread page Beta

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michrab123)
    Am applying as a grad so I'm guessing they need evidence of my degree result as you don't upload transcript on UCAS?? I have no idea really, it freaked me out a little but hoping it's just standard process :'(

My UKCAT wa 737 , how about you? Are you a grad too? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I amm..my ukcat was 700! eek i wonder did i not make the mark with that score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edasansel)
    Hi guys!

Here are my stats:
    IB Predicted Scores: 7,7,7 for HL and 7,7,7 for SL with A,A for TOK and EE.
    UKCAT: VR 600 QR 690 AR 620 Overall: 1910

I've got two interviews so far. One from UCLan and another from St. George's but my heart is at King's. I also applied to UEA and Newcastle. I'm really nervous about KCL because of my low UKCAT score. Do you think I have a chance?
    Hey, sorry you must have had a few questions about this, but when did you receive your SGUL interview email???
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Am applying as a grad so I'm guessing they need evidence of my degree result as you don't upload transcript on UCAS?? I have no idea really, it freaked me out a little but hoping it's just standard process :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah i'd be surprised if anyone with over 700 doesn't get interview, no pressure

I'm a grad too, but not been asked to provide any transcripts or owt :/

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you have a degree in ? I believe the transcript is used to ascertain if their was/is enough science content in your degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamim2k9)
    Yeah i'd be surprised if anyone with over 700 doesn't get interview, no pressure

I'm a grad too, but not been asked to provide any transcripts or owt :/
    Me neither ... I'm hoping it's not my ukcat 700....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Sandals)
    What do you have a degree in ? I believe the transcript is used to ascertain if their was/is enough science content in your degree.
    Ah yeah that's a good point actually .... I know someone with a zoology degree and they got asked to put a transcript up too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    Ah yeah that's a good point actually .... I know someone with a zoology degree and they got asked to put a transcript up too.
    Yeah they are most likely looking for some solid chemistry/biochemistry/biology components in those transcripts. They seem to be tightening somewhat in which degrees they allow.

ReputationRep:
    My degree is in Biomedical Sciences lol so that's definitely enough science!
    I called and they said its standard process to verify grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My degree is in Biomedical Sciences lol so that's definitely enough science!
    I called and they said its standard process to verify grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah Ok. That sounds promising on your end!

ReputationRep:
    Ah Ok. That sounds promising on your end!
    I really hope so!

Just got a new message and got all excited but it was just confirmation that they got my transcript hahahah

The wait continues! Good luck everyone xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    cross fingers!!
    last year a grad with 665 got an interview and an offer x
    Even though not everything relies on the UKCAT, that's quite reassuring to hear as a graduate lol

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying with achieved A levels? (gap year students)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greys-anatomy)
    I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone receive an interview invitation today or was it just yesterday???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greys-anatomy)
    Me! Not A levels though as I'm European but my country's equivalent.

Pfffft this wait is making me question whether all that patience and perseverance I talked so much about in my ps was just a bunch of crap lol

ReputationRep:
    did King's only give interviews for international applicants so far? because it doesn't seem like it. I haven't received an interview yet, but I hope I still stand a chance. do you know when they send the next set of interviews out. is it today? I am happy for those who got interviews, but I am kind of getting worried now. Are they doing it from the top of the rank list to the bottom then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    did King's only give interviews for international applicants so far? because it doesn't seem like it. I haven't received an interview yet, but I hope I still stand a chance. do you know when they send the next set of interviews out. is it today? I am happy for those who got interviews, but I am kind of getting worried now. Are they doing it from the top of the rank list to the bottom then.
    I'm not international and Tbh you shouldn't be worrying as it's only been the first day! They tend to roll out interviews all the way into March so I think it's all just a waiting game. You'll be fine!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Attachment 595122
    what was your AS results and predictions if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  6.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setarcos)
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  6.9 KB
    bants

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.