Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got rejected yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greys-anatomy)
    Is anyone applying with achieved A levels? (gap year students)
    I am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    Has anyone got rejected yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've only got a UKCAT of 690, so I'll let you know when I am ><

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddleduck)
    My score is only slightly higher and I've got an interview - you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    My score is only slightly higher and I've got an interview - you're fine.
    Hm, grads seem to need a much higher UKCAT :/ We'll see ><

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's: 3A* 5A 3B 1C
    AS: 4A's
    Predicted: 3A*'s
    UKCAT: 723.33333

I know my GCSE's are low in comparison to other applicants however do I still have a chance.
    I haven't gotten an interview and I'm feeling as if I'll get a rejection quick time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My ukcat average was 687 and I have an interview invitation, so you should be fine for the ukcat part of your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erlang Shen)
    My ukcat average was 687 and I have an interview invitation, so you should be fine for the ukcat part of your application.
    May I ask what your gcse grades are?

ReputationRep:
    Someone posted this year's FAQ on one of the first pages where King's said the lowest UKCAT to be invited to interview last year. I think it was 712 for the grad course but that value really depends on the applicant pool. If people with really high UKCATs applied, then that top 25% gets shifted. But if the others had UKCATs similar to yours, then you stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    May I ask what your gcse grades are?
    9 A*s and 1 A.
    Also, I'm a gap year applicant with A*AA for my A levels.

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview on the 7th at 2.30 ukcat 770 and aaa predicted GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for the 7th! UKCAT 787 SJT band 1 predicted A2 A*A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    What time do people get interviews?
    Like is it all at once per day or is it constant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    What time do people get interviews?
    Like is it all at once per day or is it constant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I got mine at about 9, or st least that's when the email to check Kings Apply came through.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm a gap year student who was accepted into King's last year but due to unforeseen circumstances had to withdraw my application and re-apply again. Since I already had an interview last year and was accepted, do you think I will be required to have another interview this year as it's a new application? Does anyone know if they store information on previous applicants in their system?
    I haven't changed much in the past 12 months so I don't know if it's worth it for them to interview me again lol

ReputationRep:
    I have 8A*s 2As, A*A*A predictions (A* for EPQ) but I only averaged 653 (I did get band 1 in sjt though ) some of the posts are a bit worrying - is anybody else applying with a similar UKCAT score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedspecimen)
    Hey guys,

I'm a gap year student who was accepted into King's last year but due to unforeseen circumstances had to withdraw my application and re-apply again. Since I already had an interview last year and was accepted, do you think I will be required to have another interview this year as it's a new application? Does anyone know if they store information on previous applicants in their system?
    I haven't changed much in the past 12 months so I don't know if it's worth it for them to interview me again lol
    I think so as you'll be competing with new people this year. But I wouldn't worry about it as you can probably expect what the interview layout will be anyways from last year.

ReputationRep:
    got an interview yesterday for the 7th too

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone am genuinely pleased for anyone that gets an interview......
    I am just waiting on the rejection note, am so disappointed in myself at my ukcat score and knew it was a long shot putting kings down, but am above what they expect in the IB score ...... hey ho think a gap year is calling and intense revision on UKCAT ((((((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    I think so as you'll be competing with new people this year. But I wouldn't worry about it as you can probably expect what the interview layout will be anyways from last year.
    I see, thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.