Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guptkhalsa84)
    Worried! Not heard anything back yet
    Applied for both Grad and Undergrad programs, 703 in the UKCAT with SJT band 2
    Currently undergoing BSc Optometry but not the best A Levels with ABC and a c in as chem sadly! GCSEs were better 8A*'s some A's and 2B's in English lang and lit (let downs!)
    Currently working at St Thomas' hospital (partner to kings)
    Fingers are crossed!!!
    As a grad they don't look at your A levels unless they don't feel there's a lot of chemistry/biology in your degree. If your degree has a decent amount of biology/chemistry I wouldn't worry about your A level results. I got exactly the same lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemooz)
    are there any other any graduates applying to a100 at kings?
    Yup. We're in the same boat my friend

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemooz)
    oh hi! I think youre the first one I have seen on this thread, or maybe others havent made it so clear lol.

I havent heard anything either, but dont worry, someone mentioned that graduates get interviewed in January so technically we wont hear back till mid December earliest?

What are your stats if you dont mind me asking
    The A102 course doesn't interview until January - I'm an international applying to A100 so my interview is by default end of January .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guptkhalsa84)
    Wow! What department may I ask lol! and best of luck to you too!
    I'm a final year undergrad working on my research project in imaging sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greys-anatomy)
    ahhh congrats man - do you mind me asking what your stats are?
    Thanks :-) I got 710 in my UKCAT, 8A*s and 4A's at GCSE, and A*AA in my a levels! I was really suprised to be honest because I know there are people on here with much better stats! they call their process 'holistic' though and I think my personal statement was relatively ok as I spent so much time on it! But anyway hopefully I'll give some hope to other people with higher scores than me though haha! Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    To those of you with interviews, when did you submit your UCAS application? I want to see if King's is sticking to their 6-week decision policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuralgal)
    Well, that got me started. Read through a lot of FOIs so if anybody has questions, fire away!
    A*?? I thought the offers would be AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr120)
    A*?? I thought the offers would be AAA
    usually it is AAA, but it can be A*AA max.

ReputationRep:
    will King's send out interviews any day now. cos I haven't heard anyone get one yesterday, only two to three days ago people got interviews

ReputationRep:
    Our skl did AS although the sciences were linear. is that an advantage. cos we actually sat exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    will King's send out interviews any day now. cos I haven't heard anyone get one yesterday, only two to three days ago people got interviews
    Their IT sistem broke down again! Tomorrow after 7 they will start back again to giving interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adalier)
    Their IT sistem broke down again! Tomorrow after 7 they will start back again to giving interviews
    how do you know????????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    does kings look at SJT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adalier)
    serious????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    how do you know????????????????????????
    i rang them, lady said they are trying to fix it, hopefully tomorrow evening they will be back on track she said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    does kings look at SJT
    Yes I think so.
    On the open day I remember them saying like that they wanted band 1 or 2 and don't accept band 4
    You'd need to check with them though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DibbyDabby)
    Yes I think so.
    On the open day I remember them saying like that they wanted band 1 or 2 and don't accept band 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i heard this too.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep I also vouch for this, heard this in the open day too - you can check UKCAT website to see how unis use SJT

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do they accept band 3.

ReputationRep:
    I can log on to the portal, so how come ppl are saying the system is down. is it as in they can't send invitations for interview through

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.