Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loocnhoj)
    Thank you so much, your calm words gives me a glimmer of hope. Do you know any uni that does not place a lot of emphasis on the ukcat i.e no cutoff score?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472930595.028742.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  169.2 KB

This table shows the UKCAT cut off points for all Med schools (2016 entry).

I'd say go for Bristol and Barts for sure. Bristol don't value UKCAT anywhere near as much as other Unis, and Barts judge your application in a 50:50 weighting of your UKCAT score/A level predictions. So in essence your 3A* prediction would outweigh your low UKCAT score. Btw Kings' cut off point isn't a strict one - they've said people who scored below it still got interviewed if other bits of their application is strong. Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472930595.028742.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  169.2 KB

This table shows the UKCAT cut off points for all Med schools (2016 entry).

I'd say go for Bristol and Barts for sure. Bristol don't value UKCAT anywhere near as much as other Unis, and Barts judge your application in a 50:50 weighting of your UKCAT score/A level predictions. So in essence your 3A* prediction would outweigh your low UKCAT score. Btw Kings' cut off point isn't a strict one - they've said people who scored below it still got interviewed if other bits of their application is strong. Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, you have been incredibly helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwifruit99)
    My Stats are as follows:
    GCSE - 9A*s and 2As
    AS levels - AABB
    Predicted grades for A2 - Either A*AA or AAA
    UKCAT - 700 avg Band 2

Does anyone know if ALL the applicants who meet the requirements will be interviewed or if there is a particular rank up till which they will shortlist people?
    Interviews are given to applicants based on GCSE and UKCAT scaling (strong GCSEs and/or a good UKCAT will give you a good chance of an interview) as well as the PS and reference (although they have said the GCSE and UKCAT are the most important for the interview).

With your profile, I'd say it's a good bet to apply to King's. I'm pretty sure as long as you've met the minimum requirements for your A Level it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    i got a 650 UKCAT. Should I risk applying to King's or would it be totally pointless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ib_hopeful)
    i got a 650 UKCAT. Should I risk applying to King's or would it be totally pointless?
    It's worth the shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How are GCSEs scored at Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ib_hopeful)
    If your grades are good then you still have a shot! I've read in past threads of people getting interviews at king's with 650 averages. I think you're right around the min cut off so there's definitely still a chance. You'll never know if you don't try

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipanda99)
    How are GCSEs scored at Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm pretty sure it's 50:50 with your UKCAT score... but maybe double check that just in case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marsbar3007)
    I'm pretty sure it's 50:50 with your UKCAT score... but maybe double check that just in case!
    Ahh okay, it may be best for me to avoid Kings since I have 6A*s 4As for GCSE, but my UKCAT score is only 637. Do you have any ideas of where I should consider applying?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I got 763 in the Ukcat but a band 3 sjt. Should i still apply to kings?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay, it may be best for me to avoid Kings since I have 6A*s 4As for GCSE, but my UKCAT score is only 637. Do you have any ideas of where I should consider applying?
    Thanks
    6A* 4As is more than good enough for Kings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediocreman)
    I got 763 in the Ukcat but a band 3 sjt. Should i still apply to kings?
    100%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would the band 3 have a dire implications on my application?

In terms of other academia, I have 10A*'s and should be predicted 40(+) points in the IB.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    Disappointed with the UKCAT today:
    Average 660 SJ: Band 2
    GCSE: 6A*s 4A's
    AS: AAAAA
    A2: probable prediction A*A*AA
    Pretty strong PS
    Do I stand a chance for interview at King's?
    What about the extended degree?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    hey,, honestly I think those grades give you a decent chance. Bristol is 70% (ish) on personal statement, so look at those.
    Are you going to do the BMAT? If so, consider BMAT uni's (UCL, Lancaster etc.)
    Take a look at St. Georges too, I don't think they have a cut off point for the UKCAT.

Have a look at this - it might help: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...T%20Result.pdf

I'm sorry I don't really have a lot of information on this stuff I would recommend posting in this thread to get a response from more knowledgeable people
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post67435806

ReputationRep:

In terms of other academia, I have 10A*'s and should be predicted 40(+) points in the IB.
    Disadvantage? Yes but only slightly as you have 10A*s. They've said that they are unlikely to interview with band 3 but 10A*s Should easily compensate for that.

ReputationRep:
    793 UKCAT but no A*s. Too risky right?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I got 7a*s and 3A in GCSE
    I got AAAB in AS
    But i got 633 avg and band 3

which unis should i apply for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manlike99)
    793 UKCAT but no A*s. Too risky right?
    Not at all. Your amazing UKCAT score will make up for lack of A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I highly doubt it, band 3 isn't bad it's just "average." Still worth the shot

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.