Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    I applied to Kings too but mine is on the 6th December so I know ive already lost it! I'll give it my best though!
    Congrats on the interview! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    What volunteer work did you do exactly and how did you get it especially in a clinical research institute?
    I'm from a 3rd world country. Things are different here 😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Take your UKCAT in the summer and BMAT will be in November.

Honestly 1000+ hours or 20+ hours makes very little difference as it's all about reflection in your PS than quantity so focus on this when you are writing it.

With Oxford you have the GCSEs so it's now down to the BMAT. People say it has some elements of the UKCAT but I don't see it.
    This post is from a long time ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuralgal)
    From reading a couple of freedom of information releases, internationals with a UKCAT as low as about 650 have been interviewed. You may hear back tomorrow!
    just hoping but I know its gonna be pure luck
    where does it say, though ?
    coz i read 690 was the lowest UK cat score last year for international students

ReputationRep:
    when will kcl send more interviews out???? literally they are playing with our patience here. i need to hear back from at least another uni before xmas otherwise I bet I'd be pretty annoyed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    when will kcl send more interviews out???? literally they are playing with our patience here. i need to hear back from at least another uni before xmas otherwise I bet I'd be pretty annoyed
    You're not really helping yourself by checking portal every day and stressing about it lol. We could have to wait until January/February for a response.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    Idk about her GCSE equivalent, but she did her AS last month so no AS grades yet, predicted 4A* and ukcat was 740-760. I'm an International student too btw from Egypt
    i am an Egyptian international student too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmad Osama)
    i am an Egyptian international student too
    oh cool what's your UKCAT score if you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if any rejections have been sent out yet... :s

ReputationRep:
    If I want to email a university, do I only mention my name and ucas ID or is there something is which I have forgotten?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oh cool what's your UKCAT score if you don't mind me asking
    2170, yours?
    And by the way how did you get medical experience in Egypt, i used my father. do you mind me asking about your grades and subjects?

ReputationRep:
    2170, yours?
    And by the way how did you get medical experience in Egypt, i used my father. do you mind me asking about your grades and subjects?
    I got 2110, for medical experience I was able to shadow doctors at 57357 in egypt last summer (I don't live there but visit it every summer ), and a rural hospital in Tanzania, but my main one was at the Norwich and Norfolk University Hospital. I got 4A in my As predicted 4A* (bio chem phy maths) and an A* in Epq wau?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2170, yours?
    Also what other unis did you apply to? I personally applied for UCL Queen Mary King's and UEA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also what other unis did you apply to? I personally applied for UCL Queen Mary King's and UEA
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 3 As in AS and predicted 4A* in Alevel. i am taking bio, chem, math and arabic. i also got 8A* in igcse. i applied to Oxford manchester and hull york medical school. my onl problem is the fees after the £ doubled

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you get a king's interview on 28 feb like me

ReputationRep:
    Did you get a king's interview on 28 feb like me
    Nah but congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah but congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Inshallah you will get 1 too

ReputationRep:
    any european applicants get an interview call yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starmuneer)
    just hoping but I know its gonna be pure luck
    where does it say, though ?
    coz i read 690 was the lowest UK cat score last year for international students
    Maybe it was higher last year, this stuff was from 2014/2015 entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    If I want to email a university, do I only mention my name and ucas ID or is there something is which I have forgotten?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just use the portal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.