The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackrosser97
Got 690 avg, (540 in verbal lool, but they hopefully saw that as an anomaly)

You give me hope! Even though 653 is a lot lower than yours, you never know later on👍🏼Congratulations tho that's amazingg- Good luck, I'm sure you'll smash it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jackrosser97
Got 690 avg, (540 in verbal lool, but they hopefully saw that as an anomaly)

Hey, what are your stats and work experience like please? :smile:
Reply 1022
Anyone got interviews this week?
Original post by DocPK
Anyone got interviews this week?

Yup! I'm so nervous 😭 how are you preparing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1024
Original post by medicineee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, do you mind me asking your GCSEs and UKCAT?

I haven't got one from kings yet but have from Manchester and Leicester. Just reading the isc interview book and going forward from there. What preparation are you doing
Original post by DocPK
Congrats, do you mind me asking your GCSEs and UKCAT?

I haven't got one from kings yet but have from Manchester and Leicester. Just reading the isc interview book and going forward from there. What preparation are you doing

Ah congrats on those interviews, that's great! Good luck :-) I got 11.5A*s GCSE and 693UKCAT av band 2.

Yeah same as you and looking online at MMI practise questions too.

Btw I know someone that had a much better UKCAT than me and 3A*predictions (I'm predicted A*A*A) that hasn't got an interview yet so I think maybe we're incorrectly thinking as a thread that they choose the best candidates first! Whatever it is, don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too haha
Original post by wannabeadoctorr
Hey, what are your stats and work experience like please? :smile:

Well I have 9a*s and 2as GCSE / predicted 3a*
Soo much work experience-8weeks worth
And I volunteer at 3 places for almost 2 yrs (hospice/carehome/hospital shop) so since my ukcat isn't as strong ive made up for it in other areas. That's what I love about kings is they look at you 'holistically' so if you are average in one area they won't discredit you
Original post by piggypenguin
You give me hope! Even though 653 is a lot lower than yours, you never know later on👍🏼Congratulations tho that's amazingg- Good luck, I'm sure you'll smash it

Thank you! Hopefully kings is my dream! But don't worry it's only early December, they have sooo many more interviews to give. Some advice for myself and other medics is to not lose sight of whats most important - getting the a level grades! good luck!
Original post by ah639
Get a 700+ (or there abouts) average on your UKCAT and you should be fine in getting an interview :smile:

Even though this post is old it's wrong! I have sub 700 and have an interview, so no one be put off due to a 600-700ukcat
Reply 1030
Ah congrats on those interviews, that's great! Good luck :-) I got 11.5A*s GCSE and 693UKCAT av band 2.

Yeah same as you and looking online at MMI practise questions too.

Btw I know someone that had a much better UKCAT than me and 3A*predictions (I'm predicted A*A*A) that hasn't got an interview yet so I think maybe we're incorrectly thinking as a thread that they choose the best candidates first! Whatever it is, don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, have you heard from anywhere else?
Wow you're so much smarter than me, my gcses were 5A*s 3As and 1B with 713/band1.

Yep I'm really going to start solid interview prep after next week I think, have an awful chemistry test coming up 😭

Yeah I don't think kings are doing it in a systematic order, just have to be patient
Original post by DocPK
Wow you're so much smarter than me, my gcses were 5A*s 3As and 1B with 713/band1.

Yep I'm really going to start solid interview prep after next week I think, have an awful chemistry test coming up 😭

Yeah I don't think kings are doing it in a systematic order, just have to be patient

Patience is key. Most will hear in Marh anyways so as you said, an early interview doesn't mean much.

I've been told that King's interviews tend to be much nicer than others (e.g Notts and Sheffield) and they don't even have our PS beforehand so they can judge everyone entirely on the day. The interview score total is 85
Original post by DocPK

Ah thank you but I honestly doubt that- GCSEs are very different to A levels and you have a great UKCAT most people would dream of! And good luck with the chemistry, it's so difficult trying to fit everything right 😂

I've got an interview at Oxford but still waiting on Notts and UCL. I'm just taking each interview as it comes and trying to not worry too much 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will Kings have our personal statement during the interview? I get the feeling not, but I am not 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will Kings have our personal statement during the interview? I get the feeling not, but I am not 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to the information sheet, they will have no prior knowledge of the applicant at the interview station. Take that as you will.
Hey, how many places do Kings' usually have for medicine? Thanks
Original post by Rifdhy
Hey, how many places do Kings' usually have for medicine? Thanks

I think i read somewhere it was abut 400... i think....
Does kings look at everything after interview??

Or do u get instantly rejected if u have a poor interview?
Original post by pandasandpens
Does kings look at everything after interview??

Or do u get instantly rejected if u have a poor interview?

Solely the interview
Reply 1039
does anyone know when the next batch of interviews is being given out by KCL for med? Will the next interviews be in late december or in january after xmas

Quick Reply

Latest