Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone know if Kings looks at predicted A level grades or just your achieved GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    To answer the compare and contrast question about grades and stuff, I have...
    UKCAT: 765 + band 1
    Academic: undergraduate and masters degree (humanities) and Advance Placement exams (scored 5) in chem and bio
    Work experience: two years of volunteering at my local emergency department, and a few weeks shadowing an orthopedic surgeon at Stanmore (in London).

Nothing yet from KCL, though!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea what the stations are gonna be, also when's everyone's interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamdaniell)
    To answer the compare and contrast question about grades and stuff, I have...
    UKCAT: 765 + band 1
    Academic: undergraduate and masters degree (humanities) and Advance Placement exams (scored 5) in chem and bio
    Work experience: two years of volunteering at my local emergency department, and a few weeks shadowing an orthopedic surgeon at Stanmore (in London).

Nothing yet from KCL, though!
    WOW that ukcat though.
    Don't worry though its only early December, you'll get an interview its only a matter of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saahil0987)
    Does anyone have any idea what the stations are gonna be, also when's everyone's interviews?
    The interview information document briefly covers it I think - but if you just search for MMI station examples, you see that they are usually timed tasks that you have to carry out. For example, they'll give you an ethical scenario and you'll have a few minutes to formulate an argument for it.

Feb. 28, 9am! I am not a morning person so we'll see how this goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackrosser97)
    WOW that ukcat though.
    Don't worry though its only early December, you'll get an interview its only a matter of time
    Humanities degrees are useful for something, although--annoyingly--I also did far worse on the verbal section than I did in practice tests. Overall though, I was pretty chuffed - just a little worried that my age (and the fact I got a 2.1 in my undergrad degree) will play against me (which would be sad, considering that my performance in the degree was mostly due to me not being at all enthused by the direction my life was taking!).

Still, fingers crossed - and I was interviewed at Aberdeen last week (which went pretty well, I think!), so I am optimistic at the moment. Good luck to you, too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuralgal)
    The interview information document briefly covers it I think - but if you just search for MMI station examples, you see that they are usually timed tasks that you have to carry out. For example, they'll give you an ethical scenario and you'll have a few minutes to formulate an argument for it.

I got given an ebook prep guide for MMI interviews which was kind of useful (and contained examples of good answers and possible questions). If people want it, drop me a PM with your email and I'll send a copy.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I got 745 in my ukcat and band 1, 3As at AS and 7A*s and 4As at GCSE. I haven't heard anything from Kings, does this mean that I'll get a rejection? I haven't heard from anywhere I've applied except my rejection from Oxford so I'm starting to get worried
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvaPawar)
    Hi guys,

I got 745 in my ukcat and band 1, 3As at AS and 7A*s and 4As at GCSE. I haven't heard anything from Kings, does this mean that I'll get a rejection? I haven't heard from anywhere I've applied except my rejection from Oxford so I'm starting to get worried
    Thank you.
    I got a 770 band 2 with 8 A*s and 4 As at GCSE and 4 As and a B at AS so I similar to yours but I got an interview so you should be fine those and if you're rejected they have to tell you but it's still only december, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuralgal)

Thank you, I got mine on wednesday at 1pm lol rip

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Thank you.
    No it doesn't! Your stats look really good. The time you'll hear back depends a lot on the unis you've applied to. King's interviews people really late and unless you don't hear back by March I wouldn't bother worrying about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    No it doesn't! Your stats look really good. The time you'll hear back depends a lot on the unis you've applied to. King's interviews people really late and unless you don't hear back by March I wouldn't bother worrying about it.
    thank youu, you've put my mind at ease slightly, its just stressful when everyone around you is getting interviews and offers

ReputationRep:
    thank youu, you've put my mind at ease slightly, its just stressful when everyone around you is getting interviews and offers
    Yeah I know... I've only heard back from Oxford and Exeter too, but I'm not too nervous as I know I have strong stats and my other choices were Edinburgh, King's and biomed at Durham and I know they all take ages. You shouldn't be either, I'm sure you'll get interviews with those stats.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know... I've only heard back from Oxford and Exeter too, but I'm not too nervous as I know I have strong stats and my other choices were Edinburgh, King's and biomed at Durham and I know they all take ages. You shouldn't be either, I'm sure you'll get interviews with those stats.
    Did you get an Oxford interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Thank you.
    King's have barely gotten back to anyone yet! And to be honest I'd rather have had mine late January/Febuary next year than this month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    Did you get an Oxford interview?
    Yeah, I applied to Merton and am also interviewed at LMH! Did you apply to Oxford and if you did did you get an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Solely the interview
    Nope, it's holistic post-interview:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 11.59.55.png
Views: 333
Size:  28.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I applied to Merton and am also interviewed at LMH! Did you apply to Oxford and if you did did you get an interview?
    I made an open application and got allocated Hertford. Sadly didn't get an interview call.
    Its pretty much impossible as an international applicant tbh.
    What did you get on your BMAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    I made an open application and got allocated Hertford. Sadly didn't get an interview call.
    Its pretty much impossible as an international applicant tbh.
    What did you get on your BMAT?
    Ah sorry to hear yep I've heard the competition is plain ridiculous for internationals. I got 8.1, 8.8, 1.5A (lmao don't ask what happened to my s3, I have no idea ) you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohit5148)
    Nope, it's holistic post-interview:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 11.59.55.png
Views: 333
Size:  28.6 KB
    Oh that's new! I'm pretty sure it was just the interview last year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.