Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    Hey kid,

Take this to private messaging. Completely veering off the thread's topic.

You can also find a lot of those answers on the respective school sites. Try researching a little and not be spoon fed - you'll need that skill at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey,

Sure, we should stick to the thread topic but you'll also need the skill of patience and understanding for others, not being sharp tongued. Chill ☺️.

Good luck to all 🤗👍.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11alexandru-kore)
    Next year im thinking of applying to Queen Mary , UCL, Edinburgh , Aberdeen or Imperial. Do you think that I should not apply to any of these uni because of my gcse grades
    Edinburgh will definitely be difficult with anything less than 8A*s at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Edinburgh will definitely be difficult with anything less than 8A*s at GCSE.
    Thanks for reply

ReputationRep:
    Next year im thinking of applying to Queen Mary , UCL, Edinburgh , Aberdeen or Imperial. Do you think that I should not apply to any of these uni because of my gcse grades
    Imperial: You have to kill your BMAT to get an interview call
    Edinburgh: They look at GCSEs
    Aberdeen: No clue
    UCL: Pretty holistic, but your GCSEs will defo set you back. The other areas of your application need to be really really strong, because hundreds of other applicants would be applying with great A level/IB predicts and better GCSEs than you (GCSEs are the only official indicator of past performance that these unis will have, and past performance usually indicates future performance).

Just keep in mind that medicine is extremely competitive, and only about 20% of applicants will get seats. If you're an international applicant, you're looking at a <5% acceptance rate, depending on where you apply to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    Imperial: You have to kill your BMAT to get an interview call
    Edinburgh: They look at GCSEs
    Aberdeen: No clue
    UCL: Pretty holistic, but your GCSEs will defo set you back. The other areas of your application need to be really really strong, because hundreds of other applicants would be applying with great A level/IB predicts and better GCSEs than you (GCSEs are the only official indicator of past performance that these unis will have, and past performance usually indicates future performance).

Just keep in mind that medicine is extremely competitive, and only about 20% of applicants will get seats. If you're an international applicant, you're looking at a <5% acceptance rate, depending on where you apply to.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    what gcse grades does Kings expect?

ReputationRep:
    This thread is for applicants for 2017 entry. The info you're asking can easily be found on their website or your own research. Don't mean to be blunt

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    average of 8A* for gcse. should be safe with more than 6 or 7 A* as long as you have good A levels and ukcat

ReputationRep:
    I applied with 3 A*'s 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether King's prioritises GCSEs or A level predictions?
    I'm a 2017 applicant btw but I couldn't find this information anywhere online. Now I'm worried because even though I have 9A*1A at GCSE I only have 3 A predictions and no AS (school policy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkg99)
    I'm a 2017 applicant btw but I couldn't find this information anywhere online. Now I'm worried because even though I have 9A*1A at GCSE I only have 3 A predictions and no AS (school policy)
    I'm pretty sure they dc about a2 predictions except for their basic requirements however you're not even halfway through year 12 so you have plenty of time to convince your teachers you can do better than that so its fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkg99)
    A-Levels, of course. Doesn't matter if you have 15A*'s, you're not getting in unless you have 3As at A-Level at least. Alternatively, you could get in with good GCSE's (mix of A*s and As) with AAA+.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    A-Levels, of course. Doesn't matter if you have 15A*'s, you're not getting in unless you have 3As at A-Level at least. Alternatively, you could get in with good GCSE's (mix of A*s and As) with AAA+.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Didn't they say at their open day that they dc about as and a2 cause not everyone does as so itd be unfair???

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure they priorities GCSEs more than A level predictions. Idk about achieved A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    That isn't exactly what he's asking I don't think. To get an interview offer it's the GCSE that they prioritise over A Level predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    That isn't exactly what he's asking I don't think. To get an interview offer it's the GCSE that they prioritise over A Level predicted grades
    Oh alright, misinterpreted his question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    They did start giving out interviews for international students, don't know about EU, but a friend of mine got an interview and she's international (if you go back a few pages you'll see a couple other internationals have gotten interviews) I'm still waiting for a response.
    i thought the international students that did get interviews were graduates?? correct me if i am wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karishma behera)
    i thought the international students that did get interviews were graduates?? correct me if i am wrong
    Grad international here - been radio silent on my end

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karishma behera)
    nop I know a person who is definitely still doing her A levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    Grad international here - been radio silent on my end

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahaha thanks for the info good luck though. however i meant the two international students who got interviews in the previous pages i think were grad applicants.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.