The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Johncenaofficial
Do u mind if I ask what each station was?
For example ethical, work experience etc....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I'm allowed to share, especially on tsr... I'm really sorry.
The best I can say is expect a wide range of topics for the stations. Prepare widely,generally, so you wont be put off.
Reply 1241
Original post by Rifdhy
I don't think I'm allowed to share, especially on tsr... I'm really sorry.
The best I can say is expect a wide range of topics for the stations. Prepare widely,generally, so you wont be put off.

Yeah good idea not sharing that info, besides the obvious non-disclosure agreement there's also the fact that it would directly put us at a disadvantage!
Got an interview a couple of hours ago!! Very surprised as my UKCAT is 677 so not the highest by any means.
Original post by tsr120
Got an interview a couple of hours ago!! Very surprised as my UKCAT is 677 so not the highest by any means.

Congrats :smile:
Reply 1244
Original post by tsr120

congrats buddy :smile: you must have had really good gcses and AS/predictions.
what band in sjt did you get?
Original post by 11...
congrats buddy :smile: you must have had really good gcses and AS/predictions.
what band in sjt did you get?

Thank you!! My GCSEs were 11 A stars with A level predictions A*AA (so not the highest I've seen out there!)
I got Band 1 btw
Rejection from KCL on the A100 course. I still haven't heard anything from A102 though.

734 UKCAT and predicated 2:1 in Biology.
Original post by AdamCW
Rejection from KCL on the A100 course. I still haven't heard anything from A102 though.

what really??????
Original post by AdamCW

when did you get the rejection?
Original post by Lostperson
when did you get the rejection?

Thursday night but I live in Sweden at the moment and have been working in the mountains so no wifi. Just seen the email. :frown: Life goes on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdamCW
Thursday night but I live in Sweden at the moment and have been working in the mountains so no wifi. Just seen the email. :frown: Life goes on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sorry to hear that :frown: so do you count as a home student?
I am sorry to hear that :frown: so do you count as a home student?

Well, It's not all bad because I have an interview at Warwick :smile: And I still have yet to hear back about the A102 grad route so..

Yeah. I study with the Open University because it lets me travel and study at the same time. So, for the past year, I've been working as a reindeer herder in the Arctic :smile: I'm coming back in March for exam prep.
Original post by AdamCW
Well, It's not all bad because I have an interview at Warwick :smile: And I still have yet to hear back about the A102 grad route so..

Yeah. I study with the Open University because it lets me travel and study at the same time. So, for the past year, I've been working as a reindeer herder in the Arctic :smile: I'm coming back in March for exam prep.

that is awesome!!
I am worried because my UKCAT was 700.. and if you got rejected... I expect one too..

congrats on your warwick one!
that is awesome!!
I am worried because my UKCAT was 700.. and if you got rejected... I expect one too..

Some people have gotten interviews with UKCAT scores lower than 700 so don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
that is awesome!!

My UKACT is 677 and I got an interview :smile:
Original post by Pantego
Some people have gotten interviews with UKCAT scores lower than 700 so don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

grads? I am also worried i have a 2:1 not a 1st class...
I have a MSc though...
Original post by tsr120

okay, thanks <3 x
Reply 1257
Original post by tsr120

are you a home first time applicant or international?
Original post by 11...
are you a home first time applicant or international?

Home first time
Original post by AdamCW

Wow, that's quite shocking considering your UKCAT is outstanding and your predicted grade meets their minimum entry requirements for grads. They must place quite a lot of emphasis on PS and reference maybe? Idk. Well like you said, you still have Warwick so it's all good :smile:

It's making me anxious with my 687 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending