Turn on thread page Beta

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashy99)
    Ok, so far from this thread I haven't heard anyone thats got an offer from Kings, I did my interview 13th Dec morning and I'm very very low key getting stressed out that I haven't heard back yet. How is everyone feeling?!
    Mine was on the 6th December and I haven't either but I'm not that stressed about it because we'll get a decision by March at the latest (whether that be an offer or rejection). There's nothing we can do about it now except wait!

ReputationRep:
    Ive got an interview coming up very soon and I'm very scared, does anyone have some tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrystalSalvatore)
    Ive got an interview coming up very soon and I'm very scared, does anyone have some tips?
    Other than the usual interview prep my best advice would be to take a water bottle. I'm so glad I did because my mouth felt rather dry between stations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DibbyDabby)
    Other than the usual interview prep my best advice would be to take a water bottle. I'm so glad I did because my mouth felt rather dry between stations

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! My lips felt bare ashy as well

ReputationRep:
    Can I take a bag and a jacket for the interview or will I look like a kid????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so far from this thread I haven't heard anyone thats got an offer from Kings, I did my interview 13th Dec morning and I'm very very low key getting stressed out that I haven't heard back yet. How is everyone feeling?!
    I had my interview on the 13th as well, and haven't heard back either. It is difficult to be kept in suspense, but I think we're just going to have wait it out because there is a chance that we might not hear back till March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes you can. There's a room that they take you into before the interview starts where you can leave your belongings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Mine was on the 6th December and I haven't either but I'm not that stressed about it because we'll get a decision by March at the latest (whether that be an offer or rejection). There's nothing we can do about it now except wait!
    It's true, the suspense does kill tho :/ Good Luck to everyone!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShenelW)
    I had my interview on the 13th as well, and haven't heard back either. It is difficult to be kept in suspense, but I think we're just going to have wait it out because there is a chance that we might not hear back till March
    Good luck for the results, just dont know how long it will take:argh:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most people had theirs with them at mine.

ReputationRep:
    Do they have your personal statement at the interview? Like is there a station where they talk about your personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do they have your personal statement at the interview? Like is there a station where they talk about your personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, read the interview invitation sheet, it says something along the lines of 'the interviewers will not have seen your UCAS form'.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for the results, just dont know how long it will take:argh:
    Good luck to you too, here's to hoping that we don't have to wait till the end of March

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys so I just finished my gcses (6 a stars) and I'm planning to do my A lvls how many do u suggest I take there and do you think my IGCSE is strong enough for medical at Kings?

ReputationRep:
    interview tomorrow guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edward829)
    Hey guys so I just finished my gcses (6 a stars) and I'm planning to do my A lvls how many do u suggest I take there and do you think my IGCSE is strong enough for medical at Kings?
    Kings look at an application hollistically. So good gcses make up for a below avg ukcat score. Well done on your grades btw they are good enough, and you only need 3 a levels now due to new linear system, an extra AS won't advantage you in any way

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any idea why the student satisfaction is so low? I've seen the same on unistats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    Anyone have any idea why the student satisfaction is so low? I've seen the same on unistats.
    Those stats are very old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Those stats are very old.
    http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...ngs?s=medicine

If you look at king's its student satisfaction ranks quite low compared to everyone else. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    I went to a talk this summer and the girl there (she had graduated from King's but wasn't there to promote the uni or anything) said it's largely because it's such a big year. You don't get to know everyone and might feel lost and alone and you get quite little individual attention from the staff. I think she also said that the student's union is crap. I've heard from elsewhere that King's is quite disorganized and for example lectures get often cancelled without anyone informing the students beforehand. The girl said that she had the time of her life though and while these things can be annoying they matter relatively little in everyday life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.