Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Lmao I just read up on the Dean of Medical Education at King's. Apparently he studied at Edinburgh, then went to Oxford to train as a psychiatrist, then worked at Exeter and then came to King's. I applied to Edinburgh, Oxford, Exeter and King's, want to be a psychiatrist and my current goal is to study at Edinburgh and then go to Oxford to do a PhD alongside specialty training. Is he.. Is he my more successful male counterpart?
    Unfortunately, the dean of GKT will be leaving to work in Austrailia at the end of this month which is a great shame as he really worked hard to improve the student experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medical-al)
    Unfortunately, the dean of GKT will be leaving to work in Austrailia at the end of this month which is a great shame as he really worked hard to improve the student experience
    Ah that's too bad, based on my limited knowledge he seemed great and I really liked his vision for the med school

ReputationRep:
    Did someone say they have been sending out rejections for international students? and also did anyone get rejected like last week?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao I just read up on the Dean of Medical Education at King's. Apparently he studied at Edinburgh, then went to Oxford to train as a psychiatrist, then worked at Exeter and then came to King's. I applied to Edinburgh, Oxford, Exeter and King's, want to be a psychiatrist and my current goal is to study at Edinburgh and then go to Oxford to do a PhD alongside specialty training. Is he.. Is he my more successful male counterpart?
    I would say the obligatory 'out of interest', but It is in my in interest (most people tend to follow onto that phrase with something that is clearly in their interest anyway).

Why Edinburgh over King's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohit5148)
    I would say the obligatory 'out of interest', but It is in my in interest (most people tend to follow onto that phrase with something that is clearly in their interest anyway).

Why Edinburgh over King's?
    Honestly? Mostly money. I'm Finnish so the Scottish government would pay for my tuition fees if I got in. Plus, even though I love the idea of living in London the costs of it aren't exactly appealing. Edinburgh also seems really reasearch-focused which I like.

Is King's your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? Mostly money. I'm Finnish so the Scottish government would pay for my tuition fees if I got in. Plus, even though I love the idea of living in London the costs of it aren't exactly appealing. Edinburgh also seems really reasearch-focused which I like.

Is King's your first choice?
    Over Edinburgh, yeah. Because Edinburgh would cost more for me as King's is basically 30 minutes from home - so I could stay at home.

The cost of living out vs in is basically about £80,000 added on to the £60,000 you're already going to pay for uni, so not really worth for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohit5148)
    Over Edinburgh, yeah. Because Edinburgh would cost more for me as King's is basically 30 minutes from home - so I could stay at home.

The cost of living out vs in is basically about £80,000 added on to the £60,000 you're already going to pay for uni, so not really worth for me.
    Woah I see... Very understandable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennyJay8)
    I agree, last year they gave out their first offer on the 8th January! Has anyone emailed them to see what's up?
    I rang them up just politely asking if they knew when they would start sending out offers- they were pretty sarcastic and rude. They basically said they didn't know, so I wouldn't bother asking again xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonmous270)
    I rang them up just politely asking if they knew when they would start sending out offers- they were pretty sarcastic and rude. They basically said they didn't know, so I wouldn't bother asking again xD
    Really what did they exactly say? Surprised they were rude about it, it has been a long wait now. An idea would have helped. Maybe they don't like how those who get offers or are rejected try to help those who are yet to interview; although they have been regularly changing the stations this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonmous270)
    Wow how unprofessional! What exactly did they say to you, and what did you ask?

ReputationRep:
    Is your username a reference to the MMI experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuclearFallout)
    Is your username a reference to the MMI experience?
    No it's a David Bowie reference I just realised a little while ago myself that I didn't really think through how people would interpret it in the medicine corner of tsr lol.

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for the interview? 😊 I have mine in two days 🙏🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Post-Interview offers had been sent out already this time last year. Does anyone have any ideas when wel start hearing back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    Post-Interview offers had been sent out already this time last year. Does anyone have any ideas when wel start hearing back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At mine they said that they aim to make a decision on everyone before the end of march but I don't know when they start - hopefully soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    when does kings stop giving out interview offers? i've got a low ukcat (650) and i took a risk with my application at kings ... i just want them to give me a reply already so that i can choose my firm and insurance.
    have you already got other medicine offers?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha I haven't gotten an interview call (or rejection) yet, and you guys are waiting for your offers.
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    Hahaha I haven't gotten an interview call (or rejection) yet, and you guys are waiting for your offers.
    Good Luck!
    I think this is a very good point for those becoming impatient from waiting for an offer. People haven't even gotten an interview yet and people are getting bent out of shape because KCL is getting back later than expected. I think we should be happy that they have given us an early chance let alone an offer at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    Guys just bare in mind that KCL did have severe IT issues late last year which may delay the entire process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    i have my st georges offer and a rejection from barts.. i only applied to 3 med schools.
    i just want kings to reply so i can stop worrying about what to put as my firm and insurance so that i can focus on my work haha
    congratulations! when was your st george's interview and when did you hear back?
    waiting for a reply from kings has proved to be stressful..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.