Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliee_98)
    No they have definitely been changing them.
    How do you know this??

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So, just to confirm, they haven't started giving out undergraduate post-interview offers/rejections yet? Does anyone know why? They started v early last year.

Sorry, I know versions of this question have already been asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WC7867)
    Hey,

So, just to confirm, they haven't started giving out undergraduate post-interview offers/rejections yet? Does anyone know why? They started v early last year.

Sorry, I know versions of this question have already been asked.
    No. I've also emailed to ask when we may hear and they said everyone will hear back in March. Although they may change their mind you never know. I'm guessing it's because of computer issues or they find sending out all decisions altogether more convenient. But I'm guessing the interview scores may be a little too low or too high so they're waiting to get a better idea of the score skew before sending out offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    No. I've also emailed to ask when we may hear and they said everyone will hear back in March. Although they may change their mind you never know. I'm guessing it's because of computer issues or they find sending out all decisions altogether more convenient. But I'm guessing the interview scores may be a little too low or too high so they're waiting to get a better idea of the score skew before sending out offers
    Ah right, that makes sense. The wait is so frustrating but at least now we know. Thanks for the reply!

ReputationRep:
    Just got a rejection. I was kind of expecting it but at least they should have told me why. It says that I met the entrance requirements but they had to reject a lot of people due to competition. Very cliché!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    im waiting for an interview as well

5A*s 3As and 1B

yep home student wbu
    Home student...
    GCSE: 6A*s 4As
    A2: A*A*A*A
    UKCAT: 660 band 2
    I'm worried because of my low ukcat....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edasansel)
    Just got a rejection. I was kind of expecting it but at least they should have told me why. It says that I met the entrance requirements but they had to reject a lot of people due to competition. Very cliché!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sucks Did you have an interview? Are you an undergraduate? I hope the rest of your application goes well.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to hear that good luck with your other choices

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got pre-interview rejection. International student with IB 41/45, UKCAT 700 band 2 and IGCSE 6 A*,1A, 2B. They said it was very competitive this year... Oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemunch12)
    That sucks Did you have an interview? Are you an undergraduate? I hope the rest of your application goes well.
    It was a pre-interview rejection and yes, I'm an undergrad. Thanks. I wish you the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moshinato)
    Just got pre-interview rejection. International student with IB 41/45, UKCAT 700 band 2 and IGCSE 6 A*,1A, 2B. They said it was very competitive this year... Oh well
    Similar situation here. IB 43/45, UKCAT 636 (well, a bit lower). I wish you the best of luck with your other choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    Sorry to hear that good luck with your other choices

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. Wish you all the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Similar situation here. IB 43/45, UKCAT 636 (well, a bit lower). I wish you the best of luck with your other choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! Fortunately I have had an interview at St George's and Newcastle. Hopefully I hear better news from them. Did your other choices respond yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moshinato)
    Thank you! Fortunately I have had an interview at St George's and Newcastle. Hopefully I hear better news from them. Did your other choices respond yet?
    Had an interview at St. George's, got rejected from Newcastle pre-interview, got an unconditional offer from UCLan (Medicine) and another unconditional offer from Queen Mary (Biomedical Sciences).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to hear about that
    It is really frustrating that a lot of universities do not value IB as much as they do A levels.

ReputationRep:
    Similar here. just got reejcted with 45/45 IB, 98% ICSE (Indian equivalent of IGCSE), UKCAT 696.666
    International student.

ReputationRep:
    Yup got a rejection! International student predicted all As for A levels and ukcat 700.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    Sorry to hear about that
    It is really frustrating that a lot of universities do not value IB as much as they do A levels.
    I'm pretty sure uk unis don't prefer one over the other, especially kings which lowered IB requirement to a 35 (6,6,6) rather than a 38 (6,6,6) which is what most unis ask for (excluding unis that want a 7)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    I'm pretty sure uk unis don't prefer one over the other, especially kings which lowered IB requirement to a 35 (6,6,6) rather than a 38 (6,6,6) which is what most unis ask for (excluding unis that want a 7)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh no, I mean that most unis that have A*AA as requirements have a 766 HLs requirement. IMO its kind of unfair, as an A* =/= a 7. A 7 > A*. I think King's College is able to see recognise the value of IB and its difficulty, hence the 35.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    Oh no, I mean that most unis that have A*AA as requirements have a 766 HLs requirement. IMO its kind of unfair, as an A* =/= a 7. A 7 > A*. I think King's College is able to see recognise the value of IB and its difficulty, hence the 35.
    Pretty interestingly King's has the lowest requirements I've seen for my country's national qualifications too btw. I don't really know why as even though our qualifications are well-recognized it seems to be easier to get an individual good grade than it is at A level let alone IB. King's wants 666x, Oxbridge want 7766, Edinburgh wants 66655 and some random unis like Manchester have insane requirements like 77777. I find this slightly weird - King's is a pretty respected uni so you'd think they'd have high-ish requirements. (Yes it's a mess trying to apply from my country lol)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.