Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsbb789)
    Does anyone know when Kings will start sending out offers?
    Only they know :P
    And they told us at the interview that if you call and ask, they will give you a generic reply saying it could be anytime from now till march.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domi98)
    Are there any other IB, EU students who are still waiting?
    If you're talking about pre-interview decisions then I am still waiting (EU, IB student here)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyka-niliūnas)
    If you're talking about pre-interview decisions then I am still waiting (EU, IB student here)
    Yeah, I was talking about that! I have that it takes so long for them to probably eventually reject me xD

ReputationRep:
    My interview I felt went horribly. Did anyone else feel like they kept challenging you and your answers (a bit of a grilling there)? And there was one station that I just sat there because we finished early... Aaah I wish I could do it again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azlana)
    My interview I felt went horribly. Did anyone else feel like they kept challenging you and your answers (a bit of a grilling there)? And there was one station that I just sat there because we finished early... Aaah I wish I could do it again!
    Finishing a station early doesn't mean you've done bad. I didn't get interviewed at KCL personally but one of my mates did and they mentioned the same stuff you have about grilling your answers - they just do it to try and throw you off. He ended up getting an offer anyway. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are there any other IB, EU students who are still waiting?
    Hey, not IB, but EU and graduate, so if I hear anything at all, I'll be somewhere in the last batches, if that makes you feel any better :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neurosurgeon)
    Hey, not IB, but EU and graduate, so if I hear anything at all, I'll be somewhere in the last batches, if that makes you feel any better :P
    It doesn't xD Waiting is so annoying I don't wish it to anyone

ReputationRep:
    Yep at one station the person asked whether I wanted to add anything and I said no so we just sat there for 30 seconds lol. Wouldn't worry too much about it - they're not going to judge you based on your ability to perfectly fill the 7 minutes. Even the guy at the post-interview briefing said that finishing early isn't necessarily a bad sign. I found it way more annoying when I still had some points to make but I ran out of time.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was talking about that! I have that it takes so long for them to probably eventually reject me xD
    Perhaps they have a lot more applicants than expected this year so let's stay positive But truly I just want to receive an answer, any answer will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyka-niliūnas)
    Perhaps they have a lot more applicants than expected this year so let's stay positive But truly I just want to receive an answer, any answer will do
    Still I was hoping for their regular 35 overall + 666 HLs to put it as my safety choice. Don't think any uni offers less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Yep at one station the person asked whether I wanted to add anything and I said no so we just sat there for 30 seconds lol. Wouldn't worry too much about it - they're not going to judge you based on your ability to perfectly fill the 7 minutes. Even the guy at the post-interview briefing said that finishing early isn't necessarily a bad sign. I found it way more annoying when I still had some points to make but I ran out of time.
    It's worse when I added a point in to fill the space, watching them nodding at me and then not writing any of it down.

Should have just kept my mouth closed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    It's worse when I added a point in to fill the space, watching them nodding at me and then not writing any of it down.

Should have just kept my mouth closed.
    I probably would've done that too if I hadn't just finished saying something that I would've completely contradicted if I had added some half-relevant thing haha. Don't worry, even if saying the extra thing didn't help it probably didn't do any harm either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    I did that. I ran out of time on three stations which I actually wanted to talk more about! But I don't think it matters as long as you've got enough in I guess

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel There were interviewers that made me feel so unsure about my answer but in the adrenaline of it all, I just kept backing up my answers which now feels stupid as my answers sounded quite lame I think all we can do is wait for judgement day! I definitely found mine challenging (I guess it just depends on the interview circuit you get and the interviewers you meet!) and some just saw right through me.

ReputationRep:
    Still I was hoping for their regular 35 overall + 666 HLs to put it as my safety choice. Don't think any uni offers less
    Honestly, I also put Kings because of the academic requirement 35 overall and now I think that perhaps that 35 is only a threshold. So if one has predicted grades over 35 they start looking at the application overall taking personal statement, UKCAT, references into account. I think so because scrolling through this thread I noticed that there were people who got rejected but had really high IB scores, for example 41/45 or 45/45

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    I did that. I ran out of time on three stations which I actually wanted to talk more about! But I don't think it matters as long as you've got enough in I guess
    Same! Oh well, I don't think it matters too much either.

ReputationRep:
    Overseas student studying biomed engineering at King's with 730 UKCAT and a predicted first. Rejection just came through portal without interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yanzzz123)
    Overseas student studying biomed engineering at King's with 730 UKCAT and a predicted first. Rejection just came through portal without interview.
    You shouldn't have applied to the same univeristy . Am sure you will get in a better place

ReputationRep:
    So many people have had offers/interviews/rejections and I've still heard nothing 😫

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_tattersall)
    So many people have had offers/interviews/rejections and I've still heard nothing 😫
    No offers... but there have been interviews and rejections.

I know how you feel though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.