Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyka-niliūnas)
    Honestly, I also put Kings because of the academic requirement 35 overall and now I think that perhaps that 35 is only a threshold. So if one has predicted grades over 35 they start looking at the application overall taking personal statement, UKCAT, references into account. I think so because scrolling through this thread I noticed that there were people who got rejected but had really high IB scores, for example 41/45 or 45/45
    I have 42/45 and my friend had the same predictions last year and got an offer for 35 so.. But thinking about that I assumed that ppl with good predicted grades who were rejected must had weak UKCAT or PS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medic17)
    You shouldn't have applied to the same univeristy . Am sure you will get in a better place
    Why not? Wouldn't have made any difference.

Commiserations though, I'm sure it must've just been the immense competition that graduates face!

ReputationRep:
    Do we get an email if we get an interview? Also what part of the portal will be updated to show that there is an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Interview for the A100! I didn't expect that at all... I was worried because of my UKCAT... Good luck to everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    Interview for the A100! I didn't expect that at all... I was worried because of my UKCAT... Good luck to everyone else!
    Congrats! When did you find out?
    Also do you mind sharing your stats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    Congrats! When did you find out?
    Also do you mind sharing your stats
    I received an email about an hour ago.. interview on the 7th March.
    Stats:
    GCSE: 6A*s 4As
    AS: AAAAA
    A2: predicted A*A*A*A
    UKCAT: 660 Band 2

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I received an email about an hour ago.. interview on the 7th March.
    Stats:
    GCSE: 6A*s 4As
    AS: AAAAA
    A2: predicted A*A*A*A
    UKCAT: 660 Band 2

What about you?
    710 UKCAT but still no interview :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    710 UKCAT but still no interview :/
    Ohh I see.. don't worry I think there are still a lot of interviews to be given out. Did you have any other interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    Ohh I see.. don't worry I think there are still a lot of interviews to be given out. Did you have any other interviews yet?
    I hope so, yep I've had 2 interviews and 1 more coming up. Got 1 offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    I hope so, yep I've had 2 interviews and 1 more coming up. Got 1 offer
    Congrats! You're fine then

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! You're fine then
    thanks yeah but i really like kings so atleast want a chance to go there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    thanks yeah but i really like kings so atleast want a chance to go there
    I see... I'm waiting for UCL :/

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for A100!!! really shocked because of my stats but kings was always my dream uni choice

GCSE: 10A* 1A
    AS: AABB
    A2 prediction: A*AA
    UKCAT: 650 band 1

Does anyone know if once you receive an interview they still look at your ucas application in deciding whether to give you an offer or is it solely based on interview performance?

ReputationRep:
    I see... I'm waiting for UCL :/
    I got that with a bad bmat so was well surpirsed lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    I got that with a bad bmat so was well surpirsed lol
    Congratulations! When is it?
    What did you get in the bmat? mine wasn't great either...

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! When is it?
    What did you get in the bmat? mine wasn't great either...
    Thanks, 22nd Feb. 4.5 4.5 3A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasi98)
    I got an interview for A100!!! really shocked because of my stats but kings was always my dream uni choice

GCSE: 10A* 1A
    AS: AABB
    A2 prediction: A*AA
    UKCAT: 650 band 1

Does anyone know if once you receive an interview they still look at your ucas application in deciding whether to give you an offer or is it solely based on interview performance?
    The whole thing. Your stats look good imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    Do we get an email if we get an interview? Also what part of the portal will be updated to show that there is an interview?
    Yes you will get an email saying your Kings portal has been updated and when you open the portal it's says invited to interview and on the left hand side column there will be an extra section saying interview something 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karishma behera)
    Yes you will get an email saying your Kings portal has been updated and when you open the portal it's says invited to interview and on the left hand side column there will be an extra section saying interview something 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everybody who have received interviews. The wait continues for me ><

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.