Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleuves)
    Well done to everybody who have received interviews. The wait continues for me ><
    >.< what are your stats if you don't mind sharing?

ReputationRep:
    does king's look at ukcat/academics/personal statement post-interview? or is it only your interview performance that is looked at? how about the SJT section, because some other universities look at it at interview stage.
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    does king's look at ukcat/academics/personal statement post-interview? or is it only your interview performance that is looked at? how about the SJT section, because some other universities look at it at interview stage.
    thanks in advance
    Yes they look at you holistically. Have a look through this thread someone showed the email. We've debated it quite a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    Yes they look at you holistically. Have a look through this thread someone showed the email. We've debated it quite a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understand that they look at you holistically before giving you an interview. But once you get an interview, do they not take on board your academics/ukcat? will it be how well you did in the interview to get you that offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    I understand that they look at you holistically before giving you an interview. But once you get an interview, do they not take on board your academics/ukcat? will it be how well you did in the interview?
    He's on about the decision post-interview. It's your interview score and the application as a whole this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleuves)
    Well done to everybody who have received interviews. The wait continues for me ><
    Wouldn't be too worried tbh. They're known for keeping good candidates waiting until the end. As long as your BMAT/GCSE combo isn't too low.

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone preparing for MMI? King's is my only MMI, so I'm quite confused on how to prepare...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithi98)
    How is everyone preparing for MMI? King's is my only MMI, so I'm quite confused on how to prepare...
    I've done panel and mmi and they're honestly pretty similar just organised differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've done panel and mmi and they're honestly pretty similar just organised differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree. Your preparation should be the same. Questions will just be asked by different people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plutojupitermars)
    I agree. Your preparation should be the same. Questions will just be asked by different people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm are you sure? Ive had mmis and as expected theyre sort of more scenario based. I thought panel interviews(which I havent had yet) would be more personal and focused on your ps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemunch12)
    Hmm are you sure? Ive had mmis and as expected theyre sort of more scenario based. I thought panel interviews(which I havent had yet) would be more personal and focused on your ps.
    I've had panel interveiws which have a lot of scenarios too.
    Although, I do agree that mmi do not use your personal statement as a basis for questions. But the questions they ask are designed for you to bring in the experience from your personal statement and beyond.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemunch12)
    Cover the basics and prepare for thinking on the spot. Get a friend or teacher to ask you quite abstract questions to get you into it. All MMIs are designed to test your ability to think critically without preparation so for me, this practice is a prerequisite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Wouldn't be too worried tbh. They're known for keeping good candidates waiting until the end. As long as your BMAT/GCSE combo isn't too low.
    King's don't require the BMAT- just the UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know roughly when they should start sending out their offers? I'm sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned and I've just missed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnceUponADoc)
    King's don't require the BMAT- just the UKCAT
    I meant UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacedoc98)
    Does anyone know roughly when they should start sending out their offers? I'm sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned and I've just missed it
    Nobody knows but probably after a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Ohh ok, thank you! It's been ages haha, getting kind of nervous now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Probably more like 6 weeks think they said in march?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacedoc98)
    At my interview someone said something about two weeks (I don't really remember it was all a bit of a blur) but it's been almost 4 weeks since mine so maybe not.

On here a lot of people are saying March and that's what my friend says he was told at his interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably more like 6 weeks think they said in march?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could be, although they might just say that to keep people from bombarding them with questions if they haven't heard sooner

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.