Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DibbyDabby)
    At my interview someone said something about two weeks (I don't really remember it was all a bit of a blur) but it's been almost 4 weeks since mine so maybe not.

On here a lot of people are saying March and that's what my friend says he was told at his interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think almost every uni does this. Some say a few weeks while others say until the deadline in march. And when they actually give offers put varies each year so... keep spamming that refresh button

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DibbyDabby)
    At my interview someone said something about two weeks (I don't really remember it was all a bit of a blur) but it's been almost 4 weeks since mine so maybe not.

On here a lot of people are saying March and that's what my friend says he was told at his interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh same my interview was early December which is why I'm starting to wonder

ReputationRep:
    I guess we'll all just be taken by surprise at some point!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do they allow deferred entry for successful applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_tattersall)
    I believe they do, I talked with them already in the fall to discuss my application and told them I was unsure whether I can enroll this year already and they advised me to put 2017 as my entry year anyway and if my situation changed later on, I should be able to defer. It varies from uni to uni and some explicitly want you to state a deferral from the start, as they wouldn't be able to change it later on, but King's were pretty understanding and casual about it. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_tattersall)
    Yes. They tend to be quite happy to do so as they give out plenty of offers anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Interview offer came through last Friday, just when I was starting to lose hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akm15)
    Interview offer came through last Friday, just when I was starting to lose hope!
    Congrats and well done!
    If you dont mind me asking, when did you get interviewed and are you undergrad?
    I'm getting impatient too as this is my only good chance left this year! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plutojupitermars)
    Congrats and well done!
    If you dont mind me asking, when did you get interviewed and are you undergrad?
    I'm getting impatient too as this is my only good chance left this year! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My interview is on 1st March. I'm a postgrad (BA and MSc), but only managed to get two Bs in my A-levels - yikes! Hang in there!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long you get in-between stations and how much reading time you get to read some instructions or a scenario?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCMXCVIII)
    Does anyone know how long you get in-between stations and how much reading time you get to read some instructions or a scenario?
    You get about 90 seconds in between each and you are not given any scenarios prior to interview - the interviewer will ask you the question/give you the scenario when you enter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azlana)
    You get about 90 seconds in between each and you are not given any scenarios prior to interview - the interviewer will ask you the question/give you the scenario when you enter
    K. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akm15)
    Haha, same here! Interview for the 1st March too

ReputationRep:
    Are there any dates closer to 15th of march because mine is on the 28th of march and I was hoping to ask them to reschedule as it's really expensive to travel from overseas twice. Does kings allow rescheduling?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karishma behera)
    Are there any dates closer to 15th of march because mine is on the 28th of march and I was hoping to ask them to reschedule as it's really expensive to travel from overseas twice. Does kings allow rescheduling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm pretty sure it mentions how to reschedule on the portal before you accept the interview offer, not 100% sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gran0la)
    I'm pretty sure it mentions how to reschedule on the portal before you accept the interview offer, not 100% sure though
    Cool thanks I ll check!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cool thanks I ll check!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just had a look on my portal, if you click on the drop down tab under 'your response' there should be an option to choose reschedule? No worries, hope you sort it okay!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had this problem too! When I rescheduled I told them this reason and told them the dates l would already be in London (which was about 1 week) and they gave me an option in the week I was there. It doesn't hurt to send them a message and ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gran0la)
    Just had a look on my portal, if you click on the drop down tab under 'your response' there should be an option to choose reschedule? No worries, hope you sort it okay!
    Thank you! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azlana)
    I had this problem too! When I rescheduled I told them this reason and told them the dates l would already be in London (which was about 1 week) and they gave me an option in the week I was there. It doesn't hurt to send them a message and ask
    Thank you so much 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.