Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crystalni)
    Really?! If so that's the best news I've heard😂 But how come they told you?
    Thats what I wanna know? 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeDMeD251)
    Some of us don't spend our entire time on the student room...
    You've exactly proved my point. So a comment that's just going start an old argument isn't needed. Like has been said repeatedly, we don't know what's right or wrong to tell you. Ask the admissions tutors if you must but we will continue to do as we are told.

Anyways, good luck to those with interviews this week! My friend has one today and he's terrified haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohit5148)
    nah, emails come out at that time, portal updates straight away, I found out my interview invitation at 4pm, the email came through at 7:30
    thats great to know, cheers mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealLifeEducator)
    Nope. My interview was 25th Jan when was yours?
    7th Decemeber still nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saahil0987)
    7th Decemeber still nothing
    6th lmao. March is too far away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    6th lmao. March is too far away
    Same 6th and nothing The wait is killing all of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the nice guy)
    Same 6th and nothing The wait is killing all of us
    It just makes you wonder what's happened though! I 100% flopped my interview though haha!

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for an interview call/rejection
    The wait is killing me...

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,

My name is Rene and I am a medical student at KCL. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have re the course structure/ entry process.

All the best,

Rene Klay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reneranger13)
    Dear all,

My name is Rene and I am a medical student at KCL. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have re the course structure/ entry process.

All the best,

Rene Klay
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,

All the best,

Rene Klay
    Do clinical placements start in the second year? Thank you for helping 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crystalni)
    Do clinical placements start in the second year? Thank you for helping 😊
    Yes, there was a newly designed curriculum implemented this year. 2nd year students are on placement once a week throughout the year. As you move to third year and so on, the amount of time you spend in a hospital increases until final year which is effectively entirely clinically based

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,

All the best,

Rene Klay
    Hey! When does the course start, and do you know when it starts for grads?
    What are your typical contact hours like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    You've exactly proved my point. So a comment that's just going start an old argument isn't needed. Like has been said repeatedly, we don't know what's right or wrong to tell you. Ask the admissions tutors if you must but we will continue to do as we are told.

Anyways, good luck to those with interviews this week! My friend has one today and he's terrified haha.
    you're the sort of person that writes to restaurants to correct spelling mistakes in the menu aren't you? I did and I thought I'de share it online with others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I'm having trouble believing that that video isn't a video of you, with your name being Ash and all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michrab123)
    Hey! When does the course start, and do you know when it starts for grads?
    What are your typical contact hours like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you asking when the academic year begins? this year it began on the 26th September. There are plenty of grads of the undergrad course but I'm not sure what those on the accelerated grad course are up to. Sorry!
    Contact hours are great, although a lot of the teaching is moving to online learning. Turnout for lectures is always low - we have plenty of interesting dissections and workshops though, with at least one tutorial every week.

ReputationRep:
    So I was asked to provide an academic reference from the admissions team with a one week deadline (last week) because I originally provided a clinical reference from work. I rang my university biomedical science department TWICE to see if any lecturers could give any but I got no response. Now the deadline has been extended to next Monday and I've been trying this week but STILL no response. I graduated in 2015 so it's coming up to two years since I was at uni so I'm in a bit of a situation. Any advice? I'm going to keep trying but I've only got a few days left and if I don't provide an academic reference my opportunity at King's will be over

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you asking when the academic year begins? this year it began on the 26th September. There are plenty of grads of the undergrad course but I'm not sure what those on the accelerated grad course are up to. Sorry!
    Contact hours are great, although a lot of the teaching is moving to online learning. Turnout for lectures is always low - we have plenty of interesting dissections and workshops though, with at least one tutorial every week.
    What are the tutorials like, and do you happen to know how easy it is to get research opportunities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmaduM)
    So I was asked to provide an academic reference from the admissions team with a one week deadline (last week) because I originally provided a clinical reference from work. I rang my university biomedical science department TWICE to see if any lecturers could give any but I got no response. Now the deadline has been extended to next Monday and I've been trying this week but STILL no response. I graduated in 2015 so it's coming up to two years since I was at uni so I'm in a bit of a situation. Any advice? I'm going to keep trying but I've only got a few days left and if I don't provide an academic reference my opportunity at King's will be over

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Email your previous personal tutor directly or whoever was your year coordinator (or better make one email and cc both of them). Also call the switchboard of your uni college (e.g. Your bio building etc) and ask to be connected directly to either of those people to explain your situation and its urgency. Sometimes lecturers have their work phone numbers on their university profiles so check that too. Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    What are the tutorials like, and do you happen to know how easy it is to get research opportunities?
    Tutorials are pretty good, mostly medicine related. Networking is quite easy here because of the nature of the hospitals - being associated with Guy's and St. Thomas' in particular. There are lots of PhD students here who always want undergrads to help out in what they're doing, but I assume this is a commodity at most good institutions.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.