Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reneranger13)
    Tutorials are pretty good, mostly medicine related. Networking is quite easy here because of the nature of the hospitals - being associated with Guy's and St. Thomas' in particular. There are lots of PhD students here who always want undergrads to help out in what they're doing, but I assume this is a commodity at most good institutions.
    Ah sounds good, thanks for answering! How many students are there in one tutorial usually?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Ah sounds good, thanks for answering! How many students are there in one tutorial usually?
    Generally around 9-12

ReputationRep:
    Just received an interview invitation for the 7th of March as I finished my 13 hours shift today. Hope I don't mess this one up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k_popper)
    Just received an interview invitation for the 7th of March as I finished my 13 hours shift today. Hope I don't mess this one up.
    Well done! Stats if you don't mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaykaayy)
    Well done! Stats if you don't mind?
    It took so long!! I'm a gap year applicant.
    A Levels: Biology A*, Maths A*, Physics A, Chemistry A, EPQ B
    UKCAT: 703 avg.
    Went to secondary school in India, so I've got a different qualification for GCSE equivalents

ReputationRep:
    Has any graduate heard back from kings after interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plutojupitermars)
    Has any graduate heard back from kings after interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi! I'm an international A102 applicant. I haven't heard anything back yet, but they have sent out rejections for no-shows. I'm assuming they'll start sending offers/rejections/waitlist notifications soon since it's already three weeks post-interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcrafty)
    Hi! I'm an international A102 applicant. I haven't heard anything back yet, but they have sent out rejections for no-shows. I'm assuming they'll start sending offers/rejections/waitlist notifications soon since it's already three weeks post-interview.
    I think It'll be at least mid march before offers are sent out, I've been waiting for about 10 weeks since my interview

ReputationRep:
    still waiting for an interview/rejection..

ReputationRep:
    When's the last date they interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    When's the last date they interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    end of march..

ReputationRep:
    They must've interviewed so many people

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After someone has got an interview, is it the interview score that depends on whether or not they get an offer, or does king's look at the academics (GCSEs, A levels) and ukcat even after the interview??

are all interviewees in the same position or are some at advantage due to better stats.?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    After someone has got an interview, is it the interview score that depends on whether or not they get an offer, or does king's look at the academics (GCSEs, A levels) and ukcat even after the interview??

are all interviewees in the same position or are some at advantage due to better stats.?????
    Apparently this year they will be considering stats as well as interview performance to make a decision (according to what has been seen previously in this thread) but if you want to be sure you could always call/email and ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crystalni)
    Apparently this year they will be considering stats as well as interview performance to make a decision (according to what has been seen previously in this thread) but if you want to be sure you could always call/email and ask
    Okay thanks I got band 3 in ukcat and 645 average. Does that mean I'd be at disadvantage. my other stats are good tho, so hopefully it saves me. Have you had your interview. Mine's on 7th

ReputationRep:
    No role plays according to TSR but are you guys sure. I'll be open-minded just in case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantego)
    They must've interviewed so many people

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah... I guess they have to interview like 1000 people even if they give offers to half. That's like 70 rounds if there's 14 people in one. Maybe they even interview more with all the GEM etc applicants? Must be fun.

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees King's is planning to give offers this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Yeah... I guess they have to interview like 1000 people even if they give offers to half. That's like 70 rounds if there's 14 people in one. Maybe they even interview more with all the GEM etc applicants? Must be fun.

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees King's is planning to give offers this year?
    Just had a look at their website:
    "There continues to be considerable pressure on the available places for students wishing to study Medicine. Applications to the GKT School of Medical Education each year for our undergraduate medical programmes are around 4500 for a total of 410 places. Around 1200 – 1400 applicants are selected for interview"

ReputationRep:
    Still no interview yet *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok thanks Pantego and hanacigoj! Sounds like they'd have to give offers to just below 50% then if there are 410 places and 1200-1400 interviewees; I assume that King's has a pretty average offer-acceptance rate.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.