GCSE dilemma Watch

Year9Girl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I would really look forward to a career in Medicine or a degree in Chemistry in the future, but currently I'm in Year 9 and we have to choose our options. I'm looking to do:
Triple Science
History
Art
Computing or French

but i can't seem to choose the fourth option between French or Computing. I prefer Computing as I find it really interesting but the reason I'm struggling to pick it over french is because many teachers have told me Med Schools and Universities prefer a language. So which subject would be better for my future, and would me picking Computing over French effect it in any way.
gapyear2018
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Year9Girl)
I would really look forward to a career in Medicine or a degree in Chemistry in the future, but currently I'm in Year 9 and we have to choose our options. I'm looking to do:
Triple Science
History
Art
Computing or French

but i can't seem to choose the fourth option between French or Computing. I prefer Computing as I find it really interesting but the reason I'm struggling to pick it over french is because many teachers have told me Med Schools and Universities prefer a language. So which subject would be better for my future, and would me picking Computing over French effect it in any way.
Only one med schools requires a language and that's UCL. That is the ONLY one. So if you don't care about going there then do computing if you think you can get a good grade.

For medicine or any subject really ( outside English,maths and science) it doesn't matter which subject you do, more the grade you get at GCSE.

I hear art GCSE is hell
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads