Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I got mugged off - am I right to be annoyed with her? watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So, I've been speaking to this girl for 8 months now. We always talk on the phone and meet up and have a good time. She has known I like her for ages and happily accepted a valentines gift from me too. Although she has never done anything forward or flirty towards me, she has not discouraged my behaviour and has got my hopes up by continuing to speak to me and meet up with me fully aware of how I feel about her. She has always makes plans to see me and enjoys watching a movie and 'cuddle up'.... However, yesterday I asked her out thinking that she must like me if she had been speaking to me non-stop for 8 months, but she told me that its best we just remain friends....

Am I right to be annoyed with her? I got mugged off!
    By 8months you would have been friend zoned.
    If you don't make a move during the first 2-3 months, thats it.

8 months? Muppet you got to get in fast so she doesn't see you as a friend, once the label sticks it's hard to reverse.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Dont buy presents for girls with an expectation its for something in return, then you can avoid the disappointment. If she likes your company, then she likes your company. Not saying they cant be influential, but get rid of the expectation.

Well you're certainly never 'entitled' to anything, she may well have known that you like her and she should have told you she didn't like you in that way so you don't continue to pursue her romantically however, it now sounds like you were only being friends with her with the expectation of getting something in return which is pretty disrespectful.

keep moving 4ward
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.