Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am going to uni this year to study film. At the moment I have been accepted to Ravensbourne which I love, UCA which is also good and Bournemouth who have a new film course this year. I also have an AUB interview this month and AUB is probably my first choice. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about these unis and if they do film at any of these universities as I would like some help on deciding! Also is LCC good? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to AUB this September for Visual Effects, AUB is rated the top creative uni in the UK however I believe Ravensbourne has a brilliant reputation for Film. To be honest I'm just going to Bournemouth for the Windsurfing....

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    Falmouth is generally considered a fantastic creative arts and up-and-coming university with quite generous entry requirements too (which is always a plus!). I have friends studying both film, television, and animation there, and it truly is fantastic for film. I had a lecture by him at my Sixth Form last year, it was a really interesting course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordPenguinz)
    I'm going to AUB this September for Visual Effects, AUB is rated the top creative uni in the UK however I believe Ravensbourne has a brilliant reputation for Film. To be honest I'm just going to Bournemouth for the Windsurfing....

Good Luck.
    Might see you out in the water Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brandonquan6)
    Might see you out in the water Thanks!
    Do you surf too?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am going to uni this year to study film. At the moment I have been accepted to Ravensbourne which I love, UCA which is also good and Bournemouth who have a new film course this year. I also have an AUB interview this month and AUB is probably my first choice. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about these unis and if they do film at any of these universities as I would like some help on deciding! Also is LCC good? Thanks!
    Hi Brandonquan6,

I am a second year student studying Television Production and have heard a little bit about the new film course at BU.

Which part of film are you mostly interested in, the practical film making or the theory side?

From what I know the new course is mainly theory focused with a bit of practical work on the side. The courses which are mainly practical based at Bournemouth are Television Production and Media Production.

There looks like there is going to be quite a few interesting units on the new film course. If you haven't already looked the full course content can be found here:
    https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study...s/ba-hons-film

I see you are swaying towards AUB. If you have any questions about Bournemouth in general and what is it like to live here feel free to ask

Gemma (Student Ambassador)

ReputationRep:
    Ravensbourne is great for film if you have any specific questions let me know
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Brandon,

Congratulations on all your offers, I am an animation student at Ravensbourne.

When making your choice could be important to also consider the equipment and space available for use especially for filming. Although I am an animation student I have been in and out of the studios and aware we have a CLR booking system which allows you to book out equipment for practice outside of class.

Hope this helps!
    Jay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.