Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long is the rebound period after a break up? watch

I dated my ex for 6 months and we saw eachother for almost 12, it was very passionate, intimate and loving for a short relationship but fell apart due to a few factors, mostly arguments. We broke up almost 2 months ago now and haven't spoken for a month.

She's now speaking to someone new, just curious as to how long the rebound period could be? I regularly see posts on social media (tumblr mostly) about how she's not over me and whatever too.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I dated my ex for 6 months and we saw eachother for almost 12, it was very passionate, intimate and loving for a short relationship but fell apart due to a few factors, mostly arguments. We broke up almost 2 months ago now and haven't spoken for a month.

She's now speaking to someone new, just curious as to how long the rebound period could be? I regularly see posts on social media (tumblr mostly) about how she's not over me and whatever too.
    Could be days, weeks, months, even years in very extreme cases.

If you're trying to get over her perhaps you should stop looking at her social media or thinking about her talking to another guy.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Could be days, weeks, months, even years in very extreme cases.

If you're trying to get over her perhaps you should stop looking at her social media or thinking about her talking to another guy.
    You mean the period between break up and being in a rebound relationship?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You mean the period between break up and being in a rebound relationship?
    I seem to have misunderstood, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Just because she's sleeping with someone else doesn't mean she's over it, people have this magical idea that once you find someone new everything goes, That's not always true, Sure maybe you forget about it, until you see her accidentally on the train. You'll never know when she's over it, she could be single, could get married, could be 65 years old thinking 'Damn that son of a ***** how could he?' - It takes different times.

ReputationRep:
    How many breakups have you been through? I'd like to think Bath students have many gfs
    *edit: not simultaneously, obviously!!

ReputationRep:
    It's all about when the person is emotionally over it obviously
    Or how desperate they are

There's no standard amount of time to move on ??? lol
    you're feeling she moved on so soon, well she might have cared less about the whole thing as opposed to you
    or she refuses to sit around crying and has moved on, whatever man, move on too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Just because she's sleeping with someone else doesn't mean she's over it, people have this magical idea that once you find someone new everything goes, That's not always true, Sure maybe you forget about it, until you see her accidentally on the train. You'll never know when she's over it, she could be single, could get married, could be 65 years old thinking 'Damn that son of a ***** how could he?' - It takes different times.
    lol I doubt that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somesomebody)
    lol I doubt that
    Maybe she's got dementia and thinks she's 21 again pfft didn't think this through did u?

(Original post by Bath_Student)
    How many breakups have you been through? I'd like to think Bath students have many gfs
    Ironically this ex lives in Bath haha!

When I say new, the guy is someone she used to sleep with before we got together, they used to go on date nights a lot, and then book into hotels and have sex and stuff. Pretty dodgy I know!

Just don't know if she's had feelings for this guy all along and my relationship with her was just a rebound itself on him?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Bath_Student)
    Just one there are some really pretty/intelligent/awesome girls at Bath that I've met, just no success

ReputationRep:
    Just one there are some really pretty/intelligent/awesome girls at Bath that I've met, just no success
    I believe in you, m8. If internet explorer is brave enough to ask you to be your primary browser, then you too are brave enough to ask her out

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the ex. I'm a girl and I've only dated guys. But from what I've seen, the ones who are most hurt by the breakup are the ones that rebound the quickest. Some have this magical idea that sleeping around and not grieving instead straight after a breakup will make them feel better when in the end they just end up feeling worse. Because the rebounds, although they may be fun for a while, can leave the person feeling empty.

ReputationRep:
    So true .

Just keep busy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.